7th Oct 2003, 21:45

I have a GT that is a lemon. Not as many repeats of the same problems that you have had. I have had the transmission replaced once and had the car in for stalling 6 times too. The stalling occurs during stops, decelerating and while driving on the highway. Check your states lemon law requirements, it sounds like you should have a very strong case to present against Ford.

30th Apr 2005, 13:59

I just got a 2002 Mustang GT that is used. I am having the same trouble with the stalling. I took it into the Ford dealership, and ultimately they told me that they could not find anything wrong. The stalling happens exactly as the above describes. Mine usually stalls in the midst of a left hand turn in on coming traffic. Did anyone find what the problem was or how to fix it? I am concerned that a serious accident could happen as a result of this.

20th Aug 2007, 11:22

A couple times I had problems with a rough idle on my '02 GT. It always occurred for a minute or so after starting my car, when I had revved the engine or just finished performance driving before the last shut-off. When I stopped doing that, the problem went away.

I also hear a periodic thump, but not dependent on whether I am turning the wheel. It sounds like it comes from underneath the car, but it really originates in the engine compartment. It is the sound of the a/c compressor engaging, and from what I hear, a lot (if not all) late-model Mustangs do this.

Other than these, my car has shared none of your car's problems. Maybe you just happened to pick a bad car, because my Mustang has had fairly good reliability.

21st Aug 2008, 22:53

Having owned a total of 7 Mustangs, I find that the 6's are far more reliable than the V-8's, as well as much cheaper on insurance. My current '07 V-6 Mustang is actually faster than my last V-8, and rides and drives MUCH better. I get 25mpg highway, and with the cold-air induction system my 0-60 time is between 6.5 and 6.8 seconds. No more V-8's for me.