2010 Ford Taurus Reviews

First year of ownership2010
Most recent year of ownership2012
Engine and transmission 3.5 ecoboost twin turbo 365 HP Automatic
Previous carMercury Marauder

Summary:

This is an excellent sports sedan that just happens to be a full size car.

Nothing... Still on the original brakes.

Need to replace the front summer tires this spring.

General Comments:

Excellent in all areas. My car has the performance package and accelerates to sixty in about 5 seconds. It stops on a dime.

The AWD system gives it great handling and inspires confidence. The car out performs most sport utility vehicles in snow.

I am getting 21-22 miles per gallon.

The seating position is very comfortable.

Review Date: 23rd December, 2012

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 3.5L V6 from North America

Model year2010
Year of manufacture2010
First year of ownership2010
Engine and transmission 3.5L V6 Automatic
Previous carToyota Matrix

Summary:

It is everything the Matrix was not

None.

General Comments:

Driving is what I expected. Smooth ride, smooth acceleration, nice options, good sound system... I like the car OK?

I do have issue with the new radar controlled cruise control. It will cancel operation if other radiation sources are sensed. It will "clear" itself after some time, then you can reengage cruise. It does not cancel cruise often, but when it does, it seems to take too long to figure that it is OK to reengage. I tested this by stopping and shutting the engine off, and restarting, thus rebooting the cruise control chip. In this way I can immediately use cruise again. If left to its own devices, this could take up to 4 minutes.

Also, it senses objects in your path and will actively brake the car. It treats objects on the right just fine, but is overly sensitive on the left. i.e. highway driving in the fast lane going past a slowing vehicle in a left turn lane; the brake will engage until the vehicle on the left is at least 3/4 of a lane away from your car.

In short, there should be a "reset" for the cruise control, and in cases where radiation is heavy, it should have the ability to shut off the technology and go back to normal, non radar control. It seems odd that this wasn't built in already.

I almost forgot, it can be unsettling going through a turn with the cruise on and the speed setting too much above the vehicle in front of you. The radar can lose sight of the vehicle in front as it goes into the turn, and will begin to accelerate to the set speed. Of course when it "sees" the car in front again, it will brake for you, but it gives one pause when the car revs up a little, then suddenly brakes right after.

Review Date: 27th July, 2010

28th Jul 2010, 18:25

I think it's best to just drive a car the old-fashioned way, and not trust yours and others' lives to the complex electronics built into these things..

29th Jul 2010, 18:02

I agree 100%. No cruise control should ever, under ANY circumstances, be used in traffic or on curvy roads or exit ramps. Technology keeps us from developing good driving skills. Only use the cruise on long, straight, open freeways and interstates. That's what it was made for, not driving the kids to soccer or getting groceries.

29th Jul 2010, 18:48

I second that notion... Too much technology makes for a lazy driver. Do we really need the car to tell us there is something in the way? If so, then it is time to turn in your license and take the bus. Seriously, this crap just adds $ thousands needlessly to the MSRP of the car. I like the Taurus, but would opt for a lower end model without those stupid gadgets on it.

29th Jul 2010, 20:14

"I tested this by stopping and shutting the engine off, and restarting, thus rebooting the cruise control chip. In this way I can immediately use cruise again. If left to its own devices, this could take up to 4 minutes."

Guess what? When I hit the CANCEL button or the brakes on my car, my cruise control shuts off as well! You know what's weird though? All I have to do is hit RESUME to go back to my set speed instead of pulling over, shutting off the car and then restarting it to get it to work the way I want it too. This great new technology can be found on most '96 Corolla's (that's what I drive), and the only downside is you actually have to pay attention to the road!

24th May 2012, 12:33

I agree with the cruise control on curvy roads, but in straight line traffic the adaptable cruise control on my Taurus SHO performed flawlessly.