1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 V6 from North America

The only thing I've had a problem with is that the rivets in the front bumper won't stay and then the bumper sags.

General Comments:

I love this car! It handles great and has a lot of power and speed for a V6. The seats are comfortable and still look great.

Review Date: 13th July, 2001

1991 Ford Thunderbird Sport 5.0 HO from North America

I can't wait till I'm 16! I love the 5.0 V-8. Beats the 4.6 that they put in todays V-8

Air conditioning.

Total brake system.

Door ajar light stays on.

Flywheel cover fell off so there's a little oil leak.

General Comments:

The car is my dads and I'm only 14 so I don't get to drive it. I get it when I'm driving and I can't wait. It's a Sport and I've yet to see another one. I wonder how many Ford made? Even at 239,000 kilometers the car's going great.

Review Date: 17th January, 2001

3rd Feb 2001, 17:16

5.0 beating the 4.6? Maybe in the supermodifieds, but never stock. I assure you, a 4.6 Thunderbird and a 98-01 4.6 Mustang reduce quarter mile times by a full second from their 302 counterparts, usually more. Not only do they make the same amount of horsepower in a broader powerband, but they by far out torque it (though few cars made these days can out torque it... Corvette included).

The 302 can be built to be an efficient small block, but the much more sophisticated 4.6 SOHC and DOCH are, I believe, far more potent. While they're very expensive to modify, I think that the attempts at doing it are well awarded. Just wanted to clarify.

1991 Ford Thunderbird LX 3.8L V6 from North America

The upper control arms on both the driver and passenger side were bad, but once those were replaced nothing else has been a problem.

General Comments:

I love this car, it rides nice, and looks nice as well.

Review Date: 30th October, 2000

27th Apr 2001, 10:26

I bought an '89 ford T-bird LX (115,000 miles) 6 months ago. 2 weeks after I bought it, the transmission went.

Winter was fairly uneventful, but it began to creak and groan every time I hit a bump or turned the wheel.

It's leaking steering and brake fluid, last week the alternator went, now I find I need new brakes, the racket pinion is going, the rotors need doing, the exhaust system is rusted out and it is generally a piece of crap car.

It *looks* awesome, it is very comfortable and the costs of running it aren't too bad, but who cares about that when you can barely get it on the road without something else going wrong with it?

I swear I am never buying another Ford again, I'm sticking with foreign cars from now on.

1st Apr 2007, 01:58

Once again, blame your previous owner, not the car.

3rd Sep 2007, 21:10

Racket pinion! hahahahaha.

1991 Ford Thunderbird Base 5.0 HO V8 from North America

Good all round car for performance and economy

I drove this car for 9 months while in the USA, and did 15,000 miles driving across, up and down the country from South Carolina to California. Had no trouble at all, never broke down. Very economical to drive.

General Comments:

I was so impressed with this car I exported it back to Australia. Have to convert it to right hand drive.

When I go back to the USA I will buy another one.

Review Date: 20th October, 2000

1991 Ford Thunderbird LX 5.0 from North America

The tranny just went out, but I was racing it, so I guess I had I coming ;-)

General Comments:

I love the car. She runs like a dream. Once I removed the air intake silencer, installed a ram air kit and removed all of the sound deadener, she would beat a stock Mustang GT in the 1/4 mile. I don't think I would want any other car!!!!

Review Date: 22nd July, 2000