1990 Geo Metro Reviews - Page 5 of 5

1990 Geo Metro 1.0 from North America

First year of ownership1991
Most recent year of ownership2000

Summary:

Change the oil every 3000 miles or else!

Well I blew the engine myself one night, my husband had changed the oil but he had went somewhere and didn't tell me that he hadn't replaced the oil yet... Well I drove the car about 10 miles until I heard this awful knocking pinging sound - by this time the engine was junked. That was at 83,000 miles.

Well just a few weeks ago the car was cutting off at red lights and not wanting to crank back. Then one morning I went out to go to work and it wouldn't turn over, it wants to but just won't.

Besides this I've had nothing go wrong with the car.

General Comments:

This was a great little car until I killed it the first time, then after the engine was replaced it never was right again. Hmm there are a few things that seem really cheap to me like the door panels and such. I would suggest this car to anyone wanting a small runabout car.

Review Date: 30th October, 2000

1990 Geo Metro 1.0 3 cylinder normal from North America

Engine and transmission 1.0 3 cylinder normal

Tires will need replacing soon, got the car with 90K miles and have put about 5K on it so far. Nothing has broken yet.

General Comments:

I have had a 1996 Chevy Beretta, 1989 Toyota Tercel, a 1984 Ford Tempo, and a 1976 Sebring Vanguard Citicar. The Geo Metro is the most reliable out of those, and has more power then all the other cars, except for the Beretta. Also comfortable and decent in the snow.

Review Date: 13th January, 2000

1990 Geo Metro 1.0 from North America

Engine and transmission 1.0

Nothing really, bought it for a thousand bucks with a bad engine and 140,000 miles, but clean. Had a new engine from another Metro that I totaled at 70mph. I have driven it for 100,000 mi since the engine replacement. I've always used Mobil one 5W30 in both cars.

General Comments:

I have beat the crap out of this car, you should see it. Wrecked and the underbody trashed from offroading here in Montana. Excellent snow car with studs and winter tires. I've never had to do anything except adjust the door handles and CHANGE THE OIL

USE A FRAM 3600 FILTER INSTEAD OF THE NORMAL ONE.

Review Date: 7th February, 1999