1997 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L (292 ci) VORTEC V6 from North America
Best Lineup of TruckS!!
When I First Bought the Truck, I seen it and fell in love with the body. After I took It down the highway opened it up and seenhow much power she had I bought it right away.
Transmission Gaskets had a small leak which turned my Check Engine Light on.
I never noticed that the transmisson had no fluid in it causing it to jerk at 20km/h when the engine shifts from 1st to 2nd gear. New gaskets and complete flush with new fluid and filter and the problem was solved now it shifts nice and smooth.
Nothing Else has gone wrong with her.
- Many People say GM trucks are "Gutless" well my 4.3L Vortec can beat a ford V8 take a look at the charts and I've proven it.
- Very light truck although its 2wd in the winter I have to put lots of weight in the back to keep it from sliding around.
- Excellent Heater, easy controls, 4 speakers in regular cab sound great with a JVC CD/MP3 player.
- Engine sounds looks and sounds like new.
- Body Is easy to take care of and still looks like new with no rust on it.
- Very good on gas if you tweak it and don't abuse the engine. Use Valvoline MAX life, Fram Oil filter, K&N Air Filter, Bosch Platinum Plugs and new wires, Penzoil Concentrated Fuel Injector Cleaner.
- Still have the original DELCO freedom battery.
- Interior is Extremely easy to keep clean without carpet.
- The Truck has more power than you could possibly ask for for a V6 and Rides like a Sports car with very tight steering and lots of Power under your foot.
- Brake Peddle is like a sponge however I really don't like it, but it does the job anyway.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 13th December, 2003