16th Sep 2011, 08:16

Hey, me again. Now our Astra's hit 150,000 km just the other day, still going extremely well with this sort of mileage. Buying some new tyres soon as the others are wearing in a bit now; probably still another 10,000 km on them though.

Cannot speak highly enough of this car, has never let us down.

Happy motoring guys...

21st May 2012, 08:39

Now on 165,000 km.

Seems like my review has turned into a bitching session about the Astra; seriously guys, go and post your comments on another page, not this one.

We haven't had any trouble with our Astra, and it's not like there are no faults with any other cars out there; cars are mechanical, and they are not meant to last forever.

2nd Jan 2013, 09:21

Still have our blue Astra and now it's on 180,000 km. Just did oil, filter and plugs, and had the air con serviced about a month ago as well.

Running like a charm.

8th Jan 2014, 06:19

The funny thing is it's now 2014 and we still own this car now on 194,000 km...

Still going great, and for a car this age now, it amazes me how so many people can complain.

We just had the air con re-gassed, and that's about it.

Still handles nice, and obviously it has loosened up a little, but still feels solid on the road.

Fuel economy is still OK.

9th Jan 2014, 13:12

Good to hear - keep posting. I was the one who asked earlier about the electricals, mentioning problems in England with their Astras. It looks as if the weather does play a part. I can't see the original review, is your car an automatic or a manual?

21st Jan 2014, 05:40

That's great! I bought my AH CDX new in 2004. It has been a great car! The CIM module has failed tonight, oh well, it does have 268,000 on the clock and has never missed a beat, still on the original brakes even! I am however eying the new Opel Astra...

21st Jan 2014, 12:54

That CIM was the module I was thinking of re: failures in the UK. Did it cost much to replace?