2nd Jun 2012, 08:53

I wrote the original review on this vehicle. I am disappointed to say that one morning it in inexplicably stopped. Cranks over beautifully, but will NOT start. I have done lots of research into this matter, only to be confronted with a plethora of possible causes, but nothing specific. Holden simply don't want to know (the Tech 2 computers say no faults). Even some money hungry mechanics refuse to even begin to look at it, as the 4JX1 motor has a serious history for stopping, never to be started again.

As investigative repairs are becoming more than the actual value of the vehicle when it was going, the Jackaroo that I was so in love with, will simply be sold to a wrecker to park alongside the others with the same issue and be broken apart. A shame really, as it is such a capable 4x4 great to drive, economical, and up until it stopped, very reliable. Now I have to buy another 4x4. I can't afford a new Colorado, so it will have to be something else.

27th Jan 2013, 17:51

Hi. Just wanted to ask you if you knew anything on the 2001 TD CRD L800A model jacks. I just bought mine with 195ks on it. When I test drove it, I got the wife to rev it on the spot and drive off under heavy throttle with no sign of any smoke (blue, white or black). I am reading a few disheartening comments on the vehicle, and am worried I have made a bad purchase.

Also, do the engines in these have timing belts or chains, and at what Ks do they need to be replaced?

Thanks for your time, Brenden.

9th Mar 2013, 15:01

Hi there,

This is a fairly common problem, and is an easy fix in most instances. Just the diagnosis can be tricky.

The ORPS is the common fault at 150,000km religiously ($300 + labour).

There are a few other bits & pieces that can go wrong, but all in all, quite easy.