1991 Honda Accord Reviews - Page 10 of 20

1991 Honda Accord EX from North America

Year of manufacture1990
Previous carToyota 4Runner

Summary:

Perfect used car

Since buying this car, I have replaced the PCV valve, the alternator, the distributor cap and rotor, and the valve cover gaskets set.

I have also replaced the rear defroster dash switch, and have a few minor missing pieces inside that I am slowly replacing from junk yards.

The most important thing I have replaced, and many other people will benefit from this knowledge, I hope, is the gaskets surrounding the rear tail-lights. This gasket is neoprene, and fails after a period of time. This is what causes ninety percent of all trunk leaks in this car. You can get replacements at your local dealer, but the best pricing is online. My local dealership quoted me 22 dollars EACH, while the on-line cost me less than 20 bucks with shipping for a set. I also get the little spring clip for the gas door at the same time.

I also need to repair my cruise control system. I'm thinking switch, but I haven't been able to find one (used) locally.

General Comments:

This is a great car. I am primarily a Toyota fan, but I wouldn't trade my Honda for anything less than another Honda or a Toyota.

Review Date: 28th April, 2005

1991 Honda Accord EX 2D Coupe from North America

Year of manufacture1991
First year of ownership1991

Summary:

Fabulous!

My baby, my poor poor baby was hit head on last week by a teenage driver and she's gone forever. This was my 1st car that ran so well I kept till now.

Replace distributor 3 times, radiator 2 times, 1 battery replaced (original lasted 8yrs.), power steering hose replaced within the last 6 months, passenger side power window motor cleaned and put back together still works, trunk leaks water, brake light sensor sometimes middle brake and left brake light went on and off works great now.

AC no longer working, possible leak in hoses.

Cracked springs replaced June 2004.

General Comments:

Great handling car, went straight down the road.

Car was 14 yrs. old and ran great.

I miss her so much I cry.

Review Date: 23rd March, 2005

6th Oct 2005, 15:15

I have the same accord, just bought it 3 months ago. I've already replaced the distributer, brakes are going, and now its in my drive way waiting for a new radiator. the thing opened up like a book.

1991 Honda Accord DX 2.2 liter from North America

Year of manufacture1990
Engine and transmission 2.2 liter Manual

Summary:

The Honda Accord is a dependable, economic, and fuel efficient everyday vehicle

Nothing has gone wrong except for the regular wear and tear. I replaced the rear muffler, timing belt, drive belts, balance shafts belt, and water pump. I replaced the other items only because they must be removed to change the timing belt. Other than what is listed above, flawless.

General Comments:

The Accord is an excellent everyday driver. There is no luxury and no prestige about driving this car. But, it gets good gas mileage (27mpg city, 31mpg highway), has very low maintenance costs, and is built soundly. Handling is average as is acceleration for a small car. The seats can become uncomfortable after a long trip. The radio in the base model is less than to be desired. The manual transmission shifts very smooth. I am very pleased with the Honda brand. I own two other Nissans and would only buy Japanese vehicles in the future.

Review Date: 13th January, 2005

1991 Honda Accord EX 2.2L 4 Banger from North America

Year of manufacture1991
Engine and transmission 2.2L 4 Banger Manual
Distance when acquired92000 miles
Previous carNissan Frontier

Summary:

Bit sporty economy car

Radiator Failed Leaking coolant 101000 Miles.

Fuel Pump Relay became intermittent - Won't Start - Replaced 95000 Miles.

Knob replaced on Dashboard.

Rear Lights and trunk leaking water inside.

Drive shaft boots need replacement.

General Comments:

Great gas mileage, fairly peppy. Too small for 2 adults and 2 kids because it is a 2 door EX trunk model. It handled snow pretty well without chains, I was surprised.

Very unpleasant surprise when the factory plastic radiator failed - replaced with metal one from Napa.

Review Date: 9th August, 2004

17th Oct 2005, 14:40

On my Accord, the water leaks out of the tail light too. Only when I open the trunk. Makes me mad: (I love the car though!

20th Oct 2005, 11:54

I drilled a couple small holes in the bottom of the tail light and resealed it on the top and it no longer drips water when I open the trunk... thought it might help you.