2015 Honda Accord EX-L 3.5 Liter V6 from North America

Summary:

Still a great all around sedan

#1 key fob has been glitchy with opening doors and starting the car. Also there is a noticeable engagement sound when you put the car in drive.

General Comments:

I once had a 2008 Accord LX-P, so I decided to get another Accord this past summer. I picked up the EX-L with a V6 this time around as I really didn't want another CVT transmission. There is a lot to love about this car overall. It is such a nice driving car, but it isn't without its quirks.

The 6 speed AT in this car does a lot of second guessing in traffic situations. It hesitates sometimes and doesn't seem sure which gear to be in. However, if you give it a firm push of the gas off the line, it shifts seamlessly and runs right through the gears like nothing. I think it is mostly the electronic control, opting for the most efficient route, that causes the problems. Overall it is not a big issue, nor would it prevent me from buying another car identical to this one. It is just worth noting to someone looking. A dual clutch 7 or 8 speed unit would be preferable as I have driven a few of those and the smoothness is much better. I did have one issue that is ongoing, and that is a noticeable engagement sound when you put the car in drive. I took it to the dealer and they actually had me try a brand new one that made the same noise, but I feel it should be something that should be rectified overall in the car's design. In a car of this caliber, strange noises like that shouldn't occur simply shifting into drive. My old Accord with its 5 speed AT had none of that.

The only other thing I had happen was one of the key fobs wasn't working right. I replaced the battery, but it still seems glitchy. I will have to take it in and see what the deal is. Fob #2 works perfectly.

Performance is very good for a sedan. 0-60 is around the mid 5 second range and it has more than enough power for any scenario. I was also amazed that my first trip returned 36.4 MPG highway. I didn't even have the "ECO" button pressed either.

In summary, Honda is still doing what it does best... making cars that are a good blend of performance and utility. It does everything well and looks good doing it. I'd highly recommend an Accord to anyone looking for a well rounded sedan.

Review Date: 23rd November, 2015

24th Nov 2015, 20:45

I forgot to add one pretty significant thing that I am not crazy about with this car. The sound system is pretty sub par for this level of car. They should partner with Boston Acoustics or Polk Audio or some other company that could provide them with a decent speaker package. I know Acura has an upscale speaker option. The system is a claimed 360 watts and has 7 speakers including a sub. With that much power, it would surely sound much better overall with really decent speakers. I have to say my friend's Hyundai Sonata has a sound system worlds better. Sorry I forgot to mention this, as it can be a deal breaker for some people. I honestly didn't really listen to it that well until after the fact though. I suppose taking my own CDs on a test drive and really listening to the sound system will be more on the forefront next round!