2000 Honda CR-V 4 cylinder from North America

Good

Some negative points are:

* Uncomfortable seats

* Poorly visible Dash mounted clock (you can't see the time if it's sunny)

* Cup holders don't fit most cups and are not sturdy.

* Lacks power (4cyl & low end torque are the cause)

* It needs a good push to get up to highway speed (Due to the 4 cyl. and low end torque)

General Comments:

The 2000 Honda CR-V with All Wheel Drive (AWD) is a great compact SUV for light off road driving.

I've used it during two major snow storms with no problems, it had no difficulties with snow drifts. I've also used it off road to go camping and on unpaved muddy farm roads in upstate NY.

Review Date: 9th November, 2006

2000 Honda CR-V EX DOHC 2.0L 4WD from North America

Summary:

An EXTREMELY reliable, fuel efficient, head turning car!

BASICALLY NOTHING!

(Let me think of anything that might resemble a fault)

- Retightened the bolts on the baffold over the catalytic converter? Does that count?

- Regular oil changes?

- Kept washer fluid topped up? Does that count? Um...

- Washed the car every fortnight?

Do any of those count as anything?

OKAY FINE! I'LL ADMIT IT! IN TERMS OF RELIABLITY, THIS CAR IS PERFECT!

EVERYTHING JUST WORKS AS IT SHOULD!

General Comments:

This is one great car. It has provided our family with years of hassle-free miles. 18,000 miles a year proves that this car has been on long trips, let alone two teenagers learning to drive a stick! This is by far, the most reliable car I have ever owned.

For a while I thought that German engineering reigns supreme, especially with build quality in mind. For year we stuck with VW's and BMW's. When we moved back to the USA, we bought an Asian import and it paid off!

The car has a fairly high ground clearance, and is indeed an off-road ready SUV. An average taken over 3 months of weekend trips and commutes everyday also proved it has good fuel economy! (Around 26 mpg, which really isn't bad!)

The Real-time 4WD (which while buying was thought to be a gimmick!) kicks in when you need it, and eliminates the need to pull over and change settings. This feature has pulled us out of a few situations in one particular blizzard. A harshly banked on-ramp was covered in snow and ice, with traffic was creeping along. We saw a Wrangler stop for a second and switch to 4wd. When trying to start up again, the Jeep's tyres despite how slow they were turning only slid sideways down the sloped on-ramp. The car stopped slidding as soon as the wheels stopped turning. Two of the cars (Sedans FWD) behind the Jeep fell to the same fate, only their front ends slid down first instead of all four wheels. Luckily we were far enough behind to not be forced to come to a complete stop when the Jeep stopped, so we just rolled along by them all.

The visual appeal of this car is fairly strong. Our CR-V came with large stock alloy wheels and a dark green deeply reflective paint job. I still prefer this model year over the newer styled CR-Vs.

The car is reasonably powerful, but nothing worth noting. The engine also gives good verbal feedback of the manual transmission (some may say is loud) and proved a good car to learn on. The transmission shifts smoothly through all the gears, even after the teen drivers.

Overall this is a great car that has provided our family with a worry free life, which I hope never ends! An excellent value for money, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Review Date: 26th July, 2006

2000 Honda CR-V 2.0 Litre 4 cylinder from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Reliable, practical and economical

Digital clock in the dash has stopped working...

Front wheel bearings replaced at 323000km.

Air conditioning compressor replaced at 321000km.

General Comments:

This car is amazing reliable. I am a sales person and travel 600+ KM per week. It has never let me down.

The CRV is very economical compared to my previous vehicle, a 320I BMW..

At 324500km, yes that is the correct mileage. The CRV drives perfectly..

And when you fold the seats down, it has a huge carrying capacity.

The engine generates 110kw with a good torque curve, so the performance is equal to that of my 320I BMW, and nicer to drive as well.

Review Date: 1st September, 2005