1994 Honda del Sol Reviews - Page 3 of 3

1994 Honda del Sol VTEC 1.6 DOHC VTEC 4 from North America

Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission 1.6 DOHC VTEC 4 Manual
Previous carHonda Civic Coupe EX

Summary:

The most fun you can have sitting down!

Not a thing.

General Comments:

If you're looking for a reliable, fun, good on gas, quick and uniquely cool car, this is it!

Review Date: 9th January, 2001

1994 Honda del Sol Si 1.6L SOHC VTEC from North America

First year of ownership1996
Most recent year of ownership2000
Engine and transmission 1.6L SOHC VTEC Manual

Summary:

Buy a rain jacket with the car

The targa top leaks around the windows, can't get it to stop, the top also rattles, very good car when it's not raining!!

General Comments:

Very good sporty car, love to drive it, wish had more power, but still a great car to drive on twisty roads, at a good speed.

Review Date: 25th July, 2000

3rd Mar 2001, 17:03

I agree, just test drove a delSol on I-4 at 75mph.. it took forever to get up to speed, but with the top and rear window down I didn't seem to mind, also had great handling.

Daniel

22nd May 2001, 17:18

I own a 1997 Del Sol S with auto and recently was told that the roof noise was a problem with that model. I was tired of the noise so I had them work on it. They lubricated and retorqued the part of the roof that the targa top attaches to. I think they had to take it apart to get in there. The noise seems to be gone, but I was told to expect it to return. They charged me $90 at the dealership.

18th Jun 2001, 11:14

I have a '94 V-Tec. The roof rattle does bug me to the point that I take the roof off at temperatures above 45 degrees.

I do love the car though.

6th Feb 2002, 12:56

I own a manual Del Sol V-tec SiR. I have never had any problems with the roof rattling. Keep it generally well lubricated and have never had a problem. Have had the distributor cap just blow, otherwise no problems. Plenty of power, 0-100kms in 6.4 seconds is not that slow. Great on winding roads. These cars were made to drive. Love it.

5th Sep 2005, 23:09

Can you think of a car that wasn't meant to be driven? But, yeah! we've got one and if MG could have built this car this is what MG would've built. It's great fun to drive and feels fast at street legal speeds, corners well and has great road feel. Why did they stop making it?

1994 Honda del Sol S 1.5 Liter from North America

Engine and transmission 1.5 Liter

Battery failed after 3 years. Front brake pads changed at 45,000. Timing belt and water pump changed at 65,000. Pump was OK but changed anyways. Tires replaced around 50,000 miles.

General Comments:

Vehicle has 76,000 Miles on the clock. No squeaks, leaks or problems. No engine or chassis problems. Car is fun to drive, gets around 37MPG City/Hwy driving.

Review Date: 29th June, 1998