2006 Honda Jazz Reviews

2006 Honda Jazz 1.4 i-DSI from South Africa

Model year2006
Engine and transmission 1.4 i-DSI Manual
Previous carHonda Civic

Summary:

Will buy another one

I had an accident with the car at about 60,000 km. After that, the car had intermittent electric gremlins that appeared. Electric mirror motor malfunctioned. Replaced ignition coils after car started jerking under load. Rear demister fuse blew twice.

General Comments:

Otherwise a good reliable car. The accident affected reliability to some extent.

Review Date: 2nd October, 2010

2006 Honda Jazz 1.4i from South Africa

Model year2008
Engine and transmission 1.4i Manual
Previous carHonda Ballade

Summary:

It is not too bad

I am having problems with the brakes of my Jazz.

My car went in for its 10 000km service (I bought it brand new). I was told that the brakes needed skimming as I was wearing it out by braking too hard. I am a “slow” driver who never speeds, ever; therefore it was very weird for me to hear this.

The Honda dealer told me that they did the skimming for me as a favor, but that if this would happen again, then I would have to pay for it. Since then, I have been driving extra careful, only to find out that now it has happened again. My car is in for the 30 000km service.

I mentioned this while chatting to some friends, and one lady, who also bought a Honda Jazz, she experienced the same problem. Unfortunately she ended up paying R2500.00 to get it fixed.

My question therefore is whether this might be a manufacturing fault?? Maybe other people who also drive a Jazz have the same problem???

General Comments:

I would like to hear from other Honda Jazz drivers if they also have the same problem.

Review Date: 27th September, 2010

2006 Honda Jazz LS 1.4 from Norway

Model year2007
Previous carVauxhall VX220

Summary:

Fun, roomy and practical car

Signal switch turned on the headlights when you just touched the switch. Fixed quickly by my local Honda dealer.

After ca 15.000km the front wheels started to show heavy worn marks. Front alignment fixed by my local dealer for free.

General Comments:

The thing that got me in love with this car is it rear seats arrangements. You can put them down and up in many combinations. When both are down you get a HUGE cargo space. When only one are down I can fit my off-road bicycle inside without doing anything to my bike.

It handles just perfectly. It hugs the corners and is really fun to drive. Almost to fun. You tend to put the throttle down when cornering instead of breaking :)

I have the CVT version and it is the smoothest ride to drive I ever driven. And I still get amazed about the quietness of the engine and drivetrain and the feel of the transmission.

The car has a lot of gadgets as standard that not many cars in this class has.

The basic model has not a very nice look on the outside. Too boxy. But with the front/rear spoiler, shirt and roof wing it looks a lot better. But I did not buy this car for the looks.

Review Date: 10th February, 2009

2006 Honda Jazz CVT 1.4 petrol from Croatia

Model year2006
Engine and transmission 1.4 petrol Automatic
Previous carFiat Brava

Summary:

Great car!!!

Nothing!!

General Comments:

I want to buy a car with automatic transmission (here in Croatia this is very difficult), so I do a lot of research over the Internet about similar cars Renault Modus, Opel Astra, Skoda Fabia and some other, but Honda JAZZ is the best car for the money. This is the best automatic transmission on planet earth, 'cause the car is always in "right" gear. Cruising around town your rpm are about 1500-2000, the car and the engine is without any noise, but when you driving 160km/h constantly the engine is very silent. This 1.4Liter engine, not V6 or more!!!

Fuel consumption around town is 5,5-6,5liter/100km. My last trip from Rijeka (Croatia) -Genova (Italy) -Rijeka (Croatia) (1400km) 14hours of driving with only stops on petrol stations to refill the tank (43Litres) was great. After 14hours of driving I don't feel any kind of fatigue. For 10months of usage the car has passed 30000km and the car is like new, the tyre's (Yokohama) are like new, interior is like new, and everything else.

Review Date: 14th October, 2007