2006 Honda Jazz 1.4i from South Africa

Summary:

This is a great car and value for money!

The driver side electric window stuck slightly after about 3 weeks, but was taken to the dealer, but was sorted out with lubricant immediately while I was having a cup of coffee.

General Comments:

I have had my Jazz 1.4 for just over 2 months. It is the best car overall I have owned. It is built with very high quality products. I was pleased to see the boot pistons are even Showa products (used on Honda Motorcycles). I made the choice of purchasing it through this website and other surveys on the web. My fuel consumption averages on 6.6 litres per 100km with City driving, but on the four longer trips I have done it averages on about 5.7 litres per 100km.

The car handles well, but can seem a bit stiff at first. It is a bit low for offroad/ dirt road use, but I have only done about 3km on rocky dirt road and took it very slow. The suspension is great and the tyres are of high quality (Bridgestone Potenzas).

The sound system is great and doesn't skip a beat over bumps. Sounds great too! Pity it does not have an Aux jack, but does have an Aux button on the face. The dealer said it wasn't offered on this model.

Review Date: 2nd October, 2006

2006 Honda Jazz VTI-S 1.5 from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Fantastic little package - best in its class that looked at by some margin

Nothing - but only had it one day!

General Comments:

Great little car - exactly what I was hoping it would be.

Roomy inside, albeit with a bit of a shortage of storage space for CDs etc - which is fair enough given it is so small!

Great quality finishing throughout.

One of the first things I noticed is how quiet it is in the cabin, even doing 100kph on the freeway - amazing. Don't have to have the stereo cranked up to max to drown out the world outside, unlike my previous car (Toyota Corolla).

Fuel consumption is showing 7.4 L/100kms, but I expect this to improve as it gets driven and worn in over the next few hundred Kms.

The dealer included seat covers which I wasn't expecting - pleased with that - though they are a rather shocking pale blue, which is not a choice I'd have made. Still, with kids it is a useful add-on and free, so can't complain too much.

Seats are little on the firm side, but again it may soften up a bit with time.

Handling is good - tight and responsive with a pleasant "nippiness" about it. I am used to bigger cars so this is a good change.

I also checked out other possible buys, such as the VW Polo (nasty, retro/70's, cheap, plasticy inside - very disappointing!), Toyota Yaris (weird central console for the dials, general cheap feeling about the finishing inside - and absolutely tiny inside, especially in the rear) and am sure that the Jazz was the best of the class by a fair degree.

All in all, I am very pleased with all aspects of it so far.

Review Date: 8th August, 2006

5th Feb 2007, 03:54

I have had the same model Jazz for 8 months travelling 15,000km and agree it is a great car. I had a Jazz previously which remained trouble free for 50,000km, this new one (made in Thailand) has had problems with trim and dash rattles from the start. Disappointing in such a well designed and innovative car.

2006 Honda Jazz Sport 1.5 petrol from Australia and New Zealand

NOthing.

General Comments:

Have just replaced a 2003 1.3 manual with a new Jazz Sport 1.5 VTEC with CVT and 7 speed manual option.

Already much livelier than the old model. The new instruments are great (I like the way they light up when you open the doors), and the steering wheel stereo controls and gear option change are great and easy to use.

The car came with nasty 9 spoke 15" mag wheels, which have been changed for 17" wheels (8 thin spokes) with tyres up to 205 from 185. The car isn't run in enough to try out the handling yet, but the ride and steering are better than the old model.

Only thing I missed at first was a foot rest, but I don't notice it after owning the car for 7 days.

It's bright metallic gold and has had charcoal metallic stripes added. Will have the windows tinted and the headlights covered in gold contravision just to complete the effect.

Review Date: 19th July, 2006