World class engine and transmssion
Best engine and transmission for the money. Period. The engine can rev to 9000 RPM, making over 120HP per liter of displacement. The sound of the engine while VTEC is engaged will be music to your ears. Power build up past 6000 RPM is impressive for the displacement.
The transmission is direct and precise. The throw is short with positive engagement.
The car has a timeless good looks. Chassis is stiff and designed to be a convertible that performs well when you explore the limit on the track.
Steering is quick and precise. A common complaint is that the electrical power steering assist lacks feedback. But the chassis is lively and responsive. You can feel what the car is doing with the feedback from the chassis.
Brakes perform very well, partly thanks to the sticky OEM tires. And grip is impressive as well, thanks to the tires and the stiff chassis.
What I like about the car:
+ Engine is a wonderful exercise of engineering.
+ Transmission is one of the best manual gear boxes, regardless of price range.
+ Responsive and stiff chassis (again, engineering done right).
+ Good looks.
+ Performance with reliability.
+ Useable trunk (though on the small side).
- MPG not that great for such a small displacement.
- Rear visibility with the top up.
- Minor wear at the convertible top rubbing against the convertible frame.
- Stock stereo is a little lacking.
- Steering lacks feedback (minor complaint).
- Rear differential is a common weak link in the drive train.
- Driver's seat wearing out.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 8th February, 2013