2007 Hyundai Elantra Reviews - Page 3 of 3

Model year2006
Year of manufacture2007
Engine and transmission Beta 1.8 DOHC 16v Automatic
Previous carVolvo 240

Summary:

Way, way better than expected

Nothing so far and keeping my fingers crossed.

General Comments:

The list of standard options is huge: 16 valve twin-cam, HIVEC g/box, airbags, ABS, all 4-discs, electronic brakeforce distribution, leather, CD player, talking reverse sensor, tinted glass... damn amazing for a car of this price.

Some small touches are really nice... I especially like the in built radio antenna in the rear screen and the multitude of storage spaces which makes storing all those knick knacks a breeze.

Interior trim overall better than most in its class... the plastics don't feel cheap and the beige leather option makes it more upmarket. Seats are large and comfortable, including the rear seat. Headroom is excellent. Instrumentation and controls are very intuitive and easy to use. Air-conditioning is really cool with 4 large vents.

On the road, the biggest surprise was that this 1.8 packs a punch. Throttle response is really good and the car gets up and goes immediately. The suspension does a good job of smoothing out potholes, very little wind roar but if there's one complaint its that tire roar is a bit loud...could be due to the particular brand of tire though...

Overall, nothing much to complain about and a great bargain.

Review Date: 8th March, 2007

9th Mar 2007, 22:12

This review is USELESS because it praises the "bargain" price, but does not mention the price anywhere!!!

11th Mar 2007, 00:10

I'm in Malaysia... the price wouldn't make much sense to anybody out of this country, that's why its not there.

31st Mar 2008, 01:04

I think this review is very good.

Great information for me, as I am about to buy one.

31st Oct 2009, 10:41

I'm planning to purchase a new Elantra 1.8 2009 Edition. The price were dropped down from RM 81,000.00 to 65,000.00. Can anybody give me an idea why the price dropped that much?

24th Jan 2011, 23:44

Well thank you for the comment, I about to get 2nd Elantra 07 model, miles around 50k, the price is around 37k.

Can anyone give me any comments?

Anyway, I am just trying to get a car within the amount I can afford.