1999 Hyundai Galloper Exceed 2 from Saudi Arabia - Comments

30th Oct 2010, 03:29

Hi all!

I bought a Hyundai Galloper in March 2009. Since then I've been dealing with trouble with it. First, it automatically turns off when I stop at traffic signals. Not all the time, but in one drive it must do that. But when I changed the air flow meter, it's OK, but now I am facing another problem.

Problem is that the RPM automatically goes up from 1 to 2, and stays on 2 most the time. Sometimes it's down automatically, but just for few minutes, and in that time, if I switch off the Galloper, then I have to wait for HALF an hour before starting it again.

Please somebody tell me about it. I already changed fuel pump + air throttle control, but the problem is still there. Please please somebody tell me what to do. My Id is adnanparvez@hotmail.com

9th May 2011, 15:45

My SWB Galloper sold 3 months ago since the engine broke off and radiator water leak in the cylinder chamber.

Sold for QR5000 without engine.

Today I bought another one, long wheel base 2003, model automatic. Mileage is only 89400kms, full spec with leather seats. Dual A/C and 8 speakers Kenwood sound system.

Hope a new days with new wife LWB will be better for next 4-5 years!

Insyaalahh.

14th Nov 2011, 15:46

I bought a used 1999 Galloper, automatic, gasoline, about 7 years ago. Constant cooling problems, even when I replaced the radiator. Over heating also caused me to replace the engine. I live in Costa Rica where we have some great mechanics, but all that I have talked with recommend that I replace the gas engine with a diesel. Gasoline here is about US$6.60 a gallon, diesel is a bit cheaper. My Gal is very comfortable and has black leather seats.

All in all, I like the vehicle, but don't look forward to the day that a freeze plug rusts away or the engine overheats again.

BoB.

24th Feb 2012, 12:47

I live in Tambor, Puntarenas, Costa Rica and would love to find a good Gallopher mechanic. I own a 98 diesel in excellent condition, except it smokes and I have trouble passing inspection.

Ray