2003 Hyundai Santa Fe CRDI from Poland

Summary:

I like it and I will change for model 2005

ALL OK !!!

Review Date: 20th October, 2007

2003 Hyundai Santa Fe LX 2.7L V6 from North America

Summary:

Excellent

Cigarette lighter.

General Comments:

Replacement battery.

The stock (OEM) battery is type MF 68 AH (600 CCA), which isn't readily available in the USA, and most battery companies don't list a replacement battery. The notable exception is Interstate, which specifies type 24T.

After considerable research, I settled on the EverStart MAXX-24FN, sold exclusively by WalMart for $62.28 with free installation. Specifications: 700 CCA, 875 cranking amps at 32 degrees F. Warranty:

3 years free replacement; 9 years prorated.

EverStart gets top ratings. It's distributed by Johnson Controls, which also makes several other top brands.

The EverStart battery fit perfectly with just a bit of trimming of the stock battery heat shield cover with scissors.

Significant upgrade from the stock battery. Highly recommended.

Review Date: 12th August, 2006

24th Nov 2008, 17:38

Wal-mart told me it's the 124fs. Maybe both work.

2003 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.0 Diesel 2.0 diesel from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Funky SUV with amazing 5 year warranty

Nothing.

General Comments:

OK SUV with amazing 5 year warranty. Cheap-ish to buy & run. Friendly dealer service. Loads of space.

Average on road handling - well, good if the road is smooth with no potholes - that excludes the UK, them!

Quite comfortable (much more car-like than a Suzuki Grand Vitara for example, and less bumpy too)

Loads of space, with OK performance for a heavy 2.0l vehicle (would tow my caravan better than a 1.9TDi Passat auto). OK turning circle, excellent brakes, medium weight steering.

This model has good "grunt" (plenty of torque) for towing, but its general performance is rather sluggish. If you don't tow, get the 2.6 petrol.

Cannot believe they have such a poor "predicted" reliability in the USA as mine and several other I know of ('03 on) have been faultless.

Lumpy wheel arches and bonnet scoop make it difficult to judge where the car ends when parking. Reversing sensors a must.

The only significant criticism I have is that both my wife and I suffered back pain from driving it (we're both over 50) - it seems impossible to get the right relationship between seat and steering wheel adjustments.

Review Date: 8th June, 2006

2003 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L V6 from North America

Summary:

I loved it until I hit 130,000 miles

2 Different Ignition Coils have failed within two months. Mileage around 130,000

I'm sure the next one will go soon. Neither of the dealerships that I ended up at had them on hand when they went out and they had to be ordered. I think I will order one and keep it in my car.

Transfer Case leaking, one seal at the end was replace. Middle seal will have to be replaced soon. Estimate cost $2000. This is more expensive then a new transmission I was told and this is the one item not covered under Hyundai's 100k, 10 year plan. Mileage around 130,000.

I have a funny noise that sounds like scraping when accelerating near the front left wheel, sounds like a metal ring is being spun around a rod, which can't be found. Started around 50,000.

CV Boots Leaking

Mileage around 130,000.

General Comments:

I love it. It's comfortable, reliable, looks good, runs well, accelerates well...

AWD doesn't work that well. More power in the rear than in the front which causes serious fishtailing when power is applied in slippery conditions.

Preventative maintenance is expensive on the 3.5 liter v6. I was told 2.7 liter v6 is cheaper to maintain.

Review Date: 4th March, 2006

2003 Hyundai Santa Fe AWD LX 3.5L from North America

Summary:

Had major problems

This car burned oil since day one!! I had to fight the Corporation to get it fixed. After 6 months, the Company finally agreed to replace the engine. The Corporation kept telling me that 1 quart per 1000 miles is OK!!! Don't buy into this. I was burning 1 1/2 quarts every 3000 miles. The gas gauge has had to be replaced 4 times.

General Comments:

Car rides nice, good items in car, no other problems except the burning of the oil.

Review Date: 7th October, 2005