2001 Hyundai Sonata Reviews - Page 7 of 8

2001 Hyundai Sonata GLS from North America

Previous carHyundai Accent

Summary:

A lemon and junk

Mass Air Flow (MAF). When the car comes to a complete stop and you want to take off, it stalls. When even trying to cross an intersection and one is trying to cut through, there is no power and it leaves you going 5 MPH knowing that the gas pedal is positioned where it can go faster, and it doesn't. No power at all and it only has a little over 10,000 miles. You be the judge.

General Comments:

I know being a car owner in the state of Florida there is a thing call a Lemon Law, and this vehicle is what it is, a piece of LEMON.

I have tried numerous of time to rectify this issue and Fort Lauderdale Rick Case Hyundai did not make it any easier, from the stealing of my CD's when my car was in for a service, to the rude management hanging up on me.

I know that this probably will not help, but I for sure will not recommend anyone to purchase any vehicle from Hyundai due to the fact that they do not help when you need to be helped, and consumers like us are stuck with a piece of junk.

We are at the point of finding a lawyer or even HELP ME HOWARD.

Review Date: 7th September, 2001

29th Oct 2001, 23:29

You went to the wrong dealership, do research before you buy, OK that's your problem, stop trying to get other consumers to stop buying Hyundai.

If you noticed a problem, trade it in for a new one.

29th Jan 2002, 15:57

If you would like some help rectifying your situation please call me. LeRoy Larson General Manager Rick Case Hyundai 954-377-7501 direct line.

28th Oct 2006, 22:42

I just spent my Saturday afternoon on the side of the highway - again!

I own a 2001 Sonata and I can't go more than 2 weeks without driving or being towed back to the service department for a repair. 2 tows in 2 months.

Today, October 28, it stalled and I was crying since I need to begin training for a job in Tampa tomorrow. The Sales Manager was kind enough to give me a loaner. However, after over a dozen visits for major problems in a year, it just isn't enough. Windows go off track, power doors jam, needed 2 new batteries, new alternator, last week the front axle went and there was grease everywhere. Out of warranty on Oct 18 and today God only knows what happened. I have approx 55K on this car. By the way, cosmetically it looks awful. The clear coat peeled off the bumper and there's paint chipping and rust everywhere. I hope I can get some legal assistance!

Warning - if you plan to buy a Hyundai, make sure you aren't employed because, if you are, you'll probably lose your job. Last May I was told I should either get rid of my car or find a new job, since it was always in the shop.

2001 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.5 V-6 from North America