2003 Infiniti G35 from North America

Summary:

Very reliable and quick

CD player failed at 100,000.

Rotors replaced at 100,000.

Both cam shaft sensors replaced within 3 months of each other.

Spark plug tube filled with oil.

General Comments:

This car is fast off the line and has a sweet exhaust tone. It reaches 80 miles an hour very, very quickly.

The A/C works very well. It brings the temperature down quickly on hot summer days.

The windows are slightly tinted from the factory, and do an excellent job blocking UV rays.

The rear seats recline, which is a nice touch. The rear seats can hold three adults with a squeeze, or three kids comfortably, or two adults comfortably.

I changed the OEM brake rotors and pads to R1 Concepts Drilled rotors and ceramic brake pad package, and I no longer have brake issues with the pads wearing away quickly.

It is a bit heavy on gas and runs better on premium. It tends to burn oil if you switch to 100% synthetic. Switch to synthetic blend and that problem goes away.

All in all, this car won't leave you stranded.

Review Date: 21st March, 2014

2003 Infiniti G35 6 cylinder from North America

Summary:

A solid, well built, BMW-esque car with great reliability

The radio failed and had to be replaced twice -- but Infiniti covered both radio replacements and installations, even after the warranty expired, since the first radio had failed during the initial warranty period. No out-of-pocket expenses.

The turn signals stopped making the audible notification; unusual problem.

No other issues.

General Comments:

The car was very well made and equipped.

An enjoyable driver's car.

It was easy to drive.

The seats gave good support and were comfortable.

The car was quiet and reliable. It was safe. Good, quality solid car.

It felt like a better and more comfortable BMW -- Japanese quality.

Except for the radio (minor inconvenience), no issues whatsoever. I bought a new car to replace the Infiniti only because I wanted the features like GPS that I didn't get in my Infiniti, but I regret that I sold it. I miss it.

Review Date: 17th January, 2014

2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan from North America

Summary:

The most reliable car on the market!

Radio / CD problems - circuit replaced at 90,000km.

Stabilizer link failed - replaced at 180,000km (this was due to my fault of driving in a pot hole).

Brakes (pads) need to be replaced every 10,000-20,000 km.

General Comments:

This is the most reliable car I have ever owned!

I have driven this car over 200,000km without any major issues. Just make sure you do oil change and brake service on time. Even the tune up is not necessary, and it's recommended to be done at 185,000km by the manufacturer!

My next car will definitely be 2007 FX35, or G37.

This car was more reliable than the Acura or Toyota that I use to own before.

The only thing that this car doesn't hold is value. So never buy a brand new one, always buy a 2 or 3 year old one, because they have depreciated maximum in value.

Review Date: 29th December, 2010

2003 Infiniti G35 6mt Sport 3.5 from North America

Summary:

Still have a smile on my face every time I get out

Original clutch is starting to slip. Posi rear hooks up too well and it's the clutch that takes the beating.

Lost my spare key and new keys are quite expensive.

Nothing has broken that wasn't my fault, but Infiniti dealer parts are more EXPENSIVE than Nissan's identical parts.

Do my own maintenance. Ebay sells the factory maintenance CD and consumable parts are readily available and reasonably priced online if Nissan is too much.

This car is not difficult to work on, but recommend you acquire an OBD2 scanner.

Sport suspension will soon need new struts. Aero kit is very low and has taken a beating from back road night critters.

This car has not been babied, but has held up very well.

General Comments:

Best car I have ever owned. Basically, a 350z spec with back seats for the kids and dog. Was looking for a replacement for my all time favourite 280z and this car does it all.

Police in Canada give 4 door cars much more latitude before writing a ticket, so I left it looking stock.

17" performance tires are easier to acquire and the higher profile handles potholes better. Equal size rims can be rotated. Sticks like glue but rear tires wear fast.

This car seems to have more than 280hp, and has never been beaten yet by vehicles with more advertised HP.

Past 140MPH, the steering starts to wander.

Metallic brake pads seem to last, and the gas mileage is good if left in 6th gear on cruise.

There is noticeable wind noise above 80mph, but that adds to the experience IMHO.

Factory rev limiter gets too much use, needs a shift light.

I do not use the car in winter.

This is a true sleeper, I will never own another front wheel drive "performance" car! This car is a keeper.

Review Date: 12th April, 2009