2003 Infiniti G35 from North America

Summary:

Do not purchase a vehicle from Infiniti with a 'Bose' system.

Air conditioner.

Radio/CD malfunction.

General Comments:

I purchased my car in 2003, brand new, with the premium package upgrade (see website for list).

Upon having to replace the audio system entirely, it was brought to my attention that the Bose audio system that's listed in the package is not actually a Bose audio system. When one thinks of audio system, that includes radio, CD changer, cassette player, etc. I was told that the radio/CD changer component is actually a Clarion. The only thing that is supposedly Bose are the speakers, even though the front panel on the radio system says "Bose". In my opinion, this is false advertisement. If the only thing that is Bose are the speakers, then that's what should be advertise, not Bose Audio system. I am very upset because I paid a pretty good amount to have the system replaced to find that it isn't what I was trusting Infiniti to actually put in their vehicle.

Review Date: 2nd March, 2009

8th Jun 2009, 14:38

Hey, I can understand the frustration of buying a new car and paying for premium package, but it is known to people that they use BOSE speakers only. It's a good heads up to research what you buy, especially for that much!

8th Nov 2009, 18:45

A Bose system in a car is always just the speakers mated with a Clarion head unit. Nissan always uses Clarion.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan from North America

Summary:

My first luxury car is the best I have ever owned

This thing goes through brake pads pretty fast. About every 20k miles. But the car is known for that.

Paint is a little cheap.

A bit rattly interior.

General Comments:

This car blew my mind when I first bought it. Fast, reliable, and a true sports sedan.

I bought the car for $22,000 with 30k miles. When used BMW's, Benz, and Audi's were going for $30,0000.

I have two friends that also own Infinities and they would never go back. More horsepower, simple and elegant interior, stiff handling.

This car is now worth about $11,000 and still turns heads like a Bentley (chrome package). I want the newer one with 300hp!

Review Date: 9th February, 2009

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe 3.5 V6 286hp rwd from North America

Summary:

Four out of five

Well... what to start with?

The car turns heads, and is jealous...

BUT...

I need a new window motor... my window eighter won't go down or up (it happens on almost all g35's and 350z's)

My engine makes a weird noise, like somebody is knocking on a door... (supposedly the engine is one of the top 10 engines in the world)

And the ride is a little too stiff.. also, I've seen rear wheel drive cars perform better in winter then the G.

General Comments:

It's a 7/10 car...

Review Date: 12th April, 2008

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport (Brembo) 3.5 6 speed from North America

Summary:

A 350Z for those of us who actually have lives

So far I've only had the car for a couple of weeks. I will write another review one year from now.

As far as things wrong with the car there isn't really anything to complain about given the performance, style and comfort for the price, but if I have to...

1. Very faint "whine" from the drivetrain somewhere from 1,800 RPM to 3,500 RPM. May be normal. Infiniti will diagnose the car next week. Most people wouldn't notice.

2. A tiny amount of clutch "chatter" after driving the car for a while. Most people wouldn't notice.

General Comments:

Coming from a true blue automotive aficionado, this car for the money is an outstanding blend of style, acceleration, handling, incredible braking and comfort.

Excellent engine. Lots of torque from 2,000 RPM yet is smooth right up to redline. Very quick car.

Great handling. Flat, stable, superb steering (very 330 like).

Very strong brakes. The Brembo six piston units are among the best I've ever used on a mainstream production vehicle.

Good interior. Much better than the G35 Sedan, but still has a few areas of improvement, mainly in the choice of materials used. The seats are very good in design and materials, great leather. The doors and dash are good with nice soft plastic. The centre console uses hard plastic, could be worse, but not great. Nothing major. You'll notice the radio volume and controls are a bit strange since the car was originally right hand drive, but I got used to it pretty quick. Overall good interior.

The dipstick is a pain to get out and put back in. Very smooth and powerful on the highway.

Considering all of this car's strong traits it's a great vehicle for somebody who likes to drive a bit harder and more aggressive than the average person. The average person will find this car very fast!

Review Date: 31st May, 2006

21st Nov 2006, 17:36

G35 or 350z? G35 of course. Why? Compared to the 287 hp z there is not much difference to that of a 280 hp g. Being a 2 seater really throws of that wow that I'm looking for in a coupe. With 4 seats and a way nicer and more sophisticated interior the g outlooks the z. As for the drive, if you are into a more sporty car go with the z. As for me I'm a more Mercedes type so that means g35 all day.

19th Jun 2007, 12:11

The brembo's are 4 piston.