2003 Infiniti G35 Reviews - Page 3 of 3

2003 Infiniti G35 from North America

Model year2003
Year of manufacture2002
Previous carIsuzu Rodeo

Summary:

It is very costly to maintain

I have just had my front pads & rotors changed for the third time. The cost of this repair is $500.00. I have had the car 3 years and 6 months. I think the cost of maintenance at this rate is outrageous. I have had brake work done approximately every 13 months.

Review Date: 9th March, 2006

31st Jan 2009, 00:41

If your only having brake problems I wouldn't complain. You can find independent shops that can replace them for less.

24th Oct 2009, 17:28

If that's the sum total of your complaints, you should be praising this car endlessly! Go easier on your brakes and learn how to change the pads yourself -- it's incredibly easy.

Complaining about a car just because of replacing brake pads gives a gross misrepresentation of the quality of the car.

25th Nov 2009, 19:47

Is this a joke, brakes are a part of minor maintenance, if this was a Chev, you would have had to replace your brakes, CV axles, suspension and half the engine components, not to mention all the interior pieces that just drop off.

Don't complain about such minor things when a Nissan is a far superior car to the domestic crap there is.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan 3.5 VQ from North America

Engine and transmission 3.5 VQ Automatic
Previous carNissan 240SX

Summary:

Great Thought - Bad Execution

Manufacturing defect from the assembly line. I have bad tack welds in the roof line causing annoying squeak and pop while driving.

Since day 1 of owning the car I have wondered how on earth did it pass the QC???

General Comments:

I love the specific model of the car... just not my car since it's a lemon.

I have had so many problems with my car that I can fill up 1/4 ream with service requests.

Review Date: 11th May, 2004

2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe Auto Leather 3.5 Six from North America

Engine and transmission 3.5 Six Semi-Automatic
Previous carChrysler PT Cruiser

Summary:

No better at the price!

None to this point.

General Comments:

Wonderful vehicle. Great looks, style, handling, and power. Wonderful for the money. I have never owned better.

Review Date: 24th January, 2004

2nd Mar 2004, 08:52

I have 2003 Infiniti G 35 Sedan, I have had it since August 2002 and has 30K miles. At about 20K miles I have had a rattling noise from the front passenger side door or under the passenger seat. I have taken it to my dealership a couple of times and that noise still persists.

2003 Infiniti G35 3.5 V6 from North America

Engine and transmission 3.5 V6 Automatic
Previous carToyota Tundra

Summary:

This might be the best looking, best performing, value available for spirited drivers

Car is brand new and I've had no problems in the short time that I've owned it.

General Comments:

Wonderful performance overall.

The car runs a 14.7 quarter mile, pulls .86 "gs" on the skid pad, and stops from 80 within 216 feet.

Although the car is wonderfully equipped, its controls and systems are not intuitive and care needs to be given to learn the car's capabilities related to its amenities when it is not going fast.

Unbelievable stability at high speeds (not good time to mess with navigation system!)

Review Date: 24th April, 2003

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe 3.5 V6 from North America

Engine and transmission 3.5 V6 Manual
Previous carDodge Stratus

Summary:

Pavement ripper with class

This car is amazing. Since it is new, nothing has really gone wrong. I find two minor faults.

Occasionally there is a high pitched, humming wind noise from the front of the sunroof when traveling over 90+mph or when driving into a head wind. It is not constant, and will come and go. The stereo can drown out the sound, but it is embarrassing when carrying passengers.

My fuel gauge does not seem accurate. The fuel cell holds twenty gallons of gas. If I'm averaging 20 miles per gallon, the gauge should indicate 1/2 full at 200 miles on the trip meter. Instead, It shows 1/4 to 1/3 of a tank and will remain this way for miles. Then, when the meter indicates that the tank is empty, there is still about 4 gallons of fuel in the tank.

General Comments:

The car handles great. I am a retired road racer so I really appreciate great handling vehicles.

This car has everything from performance to luxury. Not only does it get me from point A to point B in a hurry, I look good and am comfortable getting there.

The Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) is no fun, and only good when the roads are wet. If it is on, it will not allow the back end to break loose. However, the on/off button is easily within reach with your left hand.

The Brembo brakes are great.

Review Date: 17th February, 2003

9th Jul 2003, 14:08

My Dad is going to buy the car Infiniti G35 sport coupe, and I am trying to find what are the problems, or what is wrong with the car it after few months, I need information, If we are making the right choice an buying this car..

I will really help me, if you email me at Kmikek00@shaw.ca.

Thank you for your time.

Bye.