2001 Isuzu Rodeo Reviews - Page 8 of 13

2001 Isuzu Rodeo LS V6 from North America

Engine and transmission V6 Manual
Distance when acquired52000 miles
Previous carFord Escort

Summary:

A tragedy, the worst car I ever bought

The Rodeo performed well till she started showing her age at a young 60,000 miles.

Shifting between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd became a bull riding event enjoyed by all. No explanation available for the erratic transmission behavior.

Next came the infamous "check engine" light that would appear randomly and inspire the engine to freak out and eventually die at the stop light w/the hordes of humanity honking from behind. The diagnostic machine blamed my ignition system, so did I, but sadly no solution could be found.

General Comments:

Horrible. I bought the worst SUV ever.

Worry if you have one of these. It will fail you. Deal w/the hassles of selling asap. The only thing worse than buying this car would be keeping it.

Review Date: 15th October, 2006

2001 Isuzu Rodeo LS from North America

Previous carIsuzu Rodeo

Summary:

Nice, but needs improvement

I have had few problems with the car, but not as many as others have said. When I first got the vehicle it ran well, but now sometimes when I start the car in the morning it shakes and if I don't pull off right away sometimes it cuts off. Also It rides kinds of lumpy on the interstate whenever I go more than 65 mph. It does burn a lot of gas and also is quite noisy sometimes. The front wheels often shake on the when I go over bumps and it has caused some near accidents.

General Comments:

I like the Rodeo, but I don't know if I would purchase another one. I need something that is better on gas and handles better on the interstate.

Review Date: 15th September, 2006

16th Sep 2006, 08:18

Interresing review. However, it sounds like an accident waiting to happen when something in the suspension finally breaks. You need to fix whatever is causing the handling problems.

2nd Mar 2007, 18:30

I also have the same problem with the front end jumping around sometimes when going over ruff or bumpy roads. This problem has gone on since I bought the SUV brand new. Nothing wrong with the front end.

2001 Isuzu Rodeo S 6 cyc from North America

Year of manufacture2000
Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission 6 cyc Automatic
Previous carMazda B2600

Summary:

A good solid performer

A transmission slipping at 25k-repaired under warranty. Back glass wiper motor stopped working at 30k-not yet repaired as I didn't rely on it in the first place. Just now replacing the brakes all around at 57,000 miles. I didn't know they had ceramic brake pads and full discs all around. (cost about $600--Midas--great guys)

General Comments:

Care should be taken with any SUV as their tall profile is subject to rollover. A very good dependable car with very little that ever went wrong with it. The ride is a bit stiff, but if you consider it is really built on a truck frame rather than a car's frame--it makes sense. The 4x4 feature is rock solid. Acceleration is great. Air Conditioning is cold.

Review Date: 18th July, 2006

2001 Isuzu Rodeo Sport 3.2 Liter V6 from North America

Engine and transmission 3.2 Liter V6 Automatic
Most recent distance102000 miles
Previous carFord Ranger

Summary:

A very nice vehicle if it weren't for the problems encountered

General Comments:

I purchased this SUV used, and I think that I have either got a really good one, or the previous owner spent a lot of money fixing this one.

It has pretty high miles and nothing has gone wrong, except for a high speed vibration in the front end. I can't figure out what is wrong. I have had the tires balanced twice, and I have gone over the front suspension several times. The lower ball joints are leaking grease, but they are still good, right now anyway. I have seen several postings on this subject and no solutions yet. If someone knows how to fix this, please let me know.

outphotousa@yahoo.com

Review Date: 15th July, 2006

2001 Isuzu Rodeo LS 3.2 liter from North America

Year of manufacture2000
Engine and transmission 3.2 liter Automatic
Previous carIsuzu Rodeo

Summary:

It is not a very reliable automobile

After having my Rodeo for maybe 4 months, I had to have the transmission replaced.

Check engine light keep coming on. Now I need a motor. This is even after doing maintenance as required ever since I bought it.

Any one know of any recourse I could pursue, to get the warranty to pay for the repair?

General Comments:

I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone, as I have had too many major problems with it.

Review Date: 13th July, 2006