2001 Isuzu Rodeo LS from North America - Comments

3rd Dec 2011, 19:36

I have a 2001 Isuzu Rodeo, and have never had any problems with it. The gas hand does not work sometimes, but other than that, it is a very good driving SUV. Mine has about 90 thousand miles on it, just took a trip to Florida, and no problems.

3rd Mar 2013, 07:32

Small plastic flap under the console >>> hidden treasure.

24th Mar 2014, 20:22

I have a 2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS that is 14 years old and just surpassed 113,000 miles. I bought it new in 2000 and it has never been in the shop for anything other than oil changes and regular servicing, except for a new fan clutch, and a new fuel pump and fuel level sensor assembly. Everything else on it, minus tires, filters and accessory drive belt, is original.

Only in the last couple of months have I had any real problems. It recently developed a minor transmission leak, goes through about a 1/2 quart of oil between changes, and has a steady check engine light. All of this I will take care of in a few days.

I am pretty sure the check engine light has something to do with ethanol fuel, as it never came on when I lived where I could put non-ethanol fuel in it. About 6 months after I moved here, where all of the fuel stations sell fuel with a minimum of 10% ethanol, is where my problems started. I suspect that it is the ethanol that is responsible for the seal damage causing the oil burn, and that is probably wrecking the fuel & emissions system, thus the check engine light, and that caused my fuel pump and tank level sensor to fail almost simultaneously.

But, overall I have been very happy with this car, especially when I read about some of the problems others have had with their Rodeos.

Add another comment