1999 Isuzu Trooper 3.5 from North America

Summary:

This is a good car

Burns the 1 quart in 1000 Km.

I had the Err3 on my 6 CD changer. I found that if I pressed the eject button for the last CD that played, and then popped the CD player on the bottom - where the ashtray is - that the CD popped out and the unit returned to working. I had to keep popping the unit until it got to the point where it was suppose to eject. That spot takes quite a while. If you do not know which was the last CD that played - then try this on each of the CDs. One of them is hung up - I think!

General Comments:

I like the car overall.

Review Date: 13th March, 2008

1999 Isuzu Trooper duty dt 3.0L dohc diesel from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Thumbs up from me

2 months after I bought the Trooper, the clutch died. "No problem," I thought; "the warranty will cover it." NO CHANCE, clutch failure is classed as wear and tear, even though it had only 33000 miles on the clock (AA 5 star gold warranty). The main dealer I bought it from said they couldn't fix it for 2 weeks, so I went to a local garage where I got stung for £900.

Otherwise, it has been reliable so far. I did change the shocks to off road items, but they are too soft for on road, (brilliant off road tho).

General Comments:

Interior is a bit drab and basic, but it is a duty spec and at least it all works. While it does roll a bit in the bends, but hey, it's a 4x4, not a sports car.

Review Date: 16th February, 2008

1999 Isuzu Trooper 3.5 liter from North America

Summary:

HORRIBLE

Terrible car. Dealer won't acknowledge any engine malfunction with this model. Consumes a tremendous amount of oil. You will burn up your engine if you don't constantly check your oil level. Nothing fixes this. Not synthetic oil, oil flushes, etc. Terrible gas mileage 10-11 miles per gallon. Very weak air conditioner.

DON'T BUY ONE!!!

You might find a really great looking vehicle with very low miles for a good price. Pass it up. It more than likely is a lemon. Look at the tail pipe, its probably black with excess burned oil.

Look for Toyota, Nissan, or Chevy trucks.

General Comments:

Horrible horrible horrible--- nightmare!!!

Review Date: 2nd May, 2007

1999 Isuzu Trooper 3.5 from North America

Summary:

A worthless piece of junk

Extraordinarily oil consumption.

Spun bearings.

Bent rods and valves.

Three mechanics looked at the truck and told us we did nothing wrong to contribute to the failure of the engine. In fact one mechanic indicated the engine was as clean as a whistle due to the on time oil changes and maintenance. I can understand a neglected car giving out, but one that was well taken care of makes no sense.

The only trouble this truck has ever given us is that it requires a new engine. WOW! I will never buy another Isuzu product, nor will I recommend one to anyone.

I wish I had never bought one, and now I cannot get rid of this one, still making payments, and it won't be worth trading in.

I have no choice but to fix it, and keep it. I will have invested too much money not to keep it.

No more Troopers in production, wonder WHY???

General Comments:

The engine only lasted 107,000 miles.

Entire engine needs to be replaced.

Review Date: 9th April, 2007

1999 Isuzu Trooper s 3.5 liter V6 from North America

Summary:

This car has been dependable when I've really needed a dependable car

Nothing has gone wrong.

General Comments:

This car has been a dream.

The only down side is that I'm only getting 13 mpg.

It sounds and starts like a new vehicle.

This has been by far the best car I have owned.

I wish they still made them.

I had been getting a different car every year.

I just can't get rid of such a great car.

I have driven it form L.A. to Philly four times.

Review Date: 26th June, 2006