2003 Jaguar X-Type Reviews - Page 2 of 6

2003 Jaguar X-Type SE 3.0 litre from North America

Engine and transmission 3.0 litre Automatic
Previous carChevrolet Tahoe

Summary:

Absolutely the best car I have ever owned

Other than the fact that the integrated cell phone is now out of date (I was hoping it could still be used), absolutely nothing has gone wrong with this car. I do wish it had a larger fuel tank though, however I can overlook that!

General Comments:

My whole life I wanted to own a Jaguar, and when I saw this car I could not keep my eyes off it, I had to have it! As it turns out, the price was right, the car was immaculate, and I picked it up the next day from the dealer. This car handles lie a dream, is extremely comfortable (and I even have back problems). It is a joy to drive, and a pleasure to own.

Review Date: 11th June, 2008

2003 Jaguar X-Type Luxury Package 3.0 from North America

Previous carBMW 3 Series

Summary:

Way better than any of the Germans in its class

The headlight bulb had to be replaced twice, but the great dealer service had it fixed both times free of charge.

General Comments:

After almost five years of ownership, I have to say that is the most underrated car in its class by far.

This small V6 can surprise anyone; reaching highway speeds from 0 is quick once past 1st gear. You can easily do 80 and feel like you're doing 50. Not to mention that the exhaust note will make the hairs on the of you neck stand up.

Some people don't like all-wheel drive, but if you live in the northern states, you might change your mind when you find out how much control you have in the snow and ice.

The interior is full of class, with lots leather and wood. A certified Jaguar dealer offers free maintenance 40k miles, and they will treat you like a CEO.

I can go on and on, but to sum it up, get your Jaguar X-type before Ford decides to sell the marque. I will assure you that this car will turn more heads than any BMW or Benz in its class. After five years and 80k miles, this car still turns more heads than my BMW 5 series.

Review Date: 4th February, 2008

19th May 2010, 14:20

This is a fun car to drive. I love the all wheel drive, especially when cornering at high speeds.

A very reliable car and underrated. The bad wrap they gave this car is not warranted. Love it.

22nd Jun 2012, 22:59

A great testament to the fact that domestic cars are getting better and better. Who would have thought a Ford Contour could run with such distinguished company?

Two words: Cadillac Cimmaron.

2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 from North America

Previous carJaguar BMW 325i

Summary:

This is a well built, tight, fun to drive automobile

Engine "sputtered or missed" on hard acceleration and "Check Engine Light" would engage. Took it to the dealer, and as it turns out, there was a Technical Service Bulletin on the problem. Dealer changed out the fuel rail and I never experienced the problem again. As a matter of fact, the vehicle runs better than it ever did before!

General Comments:

It's a sheer pleasure to drive. We find ourselves making excuses to go to the store just to "take her out for a spin".

Gotta be careful on the highway. You think you're tooling along around 60 MPH, but when you look down at the speedometer, you're actually doing 95! No noise, no shimmy, and the engine is just purring along like it's no big deal.

Seats are comfortable and the steering is tight, like a sport sedan should be.

Sound system is exceptional.

Navigation system is a tad ponderous to use compared with the ones that are out there today, but hey, it's a 2003 and it gets us where we need to go with no problems.

All in all, we love to drive it. And, there's nothing like having a Jag in your driveway.

Review Date: 18th November, 2007