1996 Jaguar XJ6 from UK and Ireland - Comments

12th Sep 2010, 00:10

If you've owned the Jag for 9 years, seems like these are standard maintenance and repairs like any other vehicle.

I've had my BMW 540i V8 for the last 3 years... heck I've spent more for repairs than you have had on your Jag for the 9 long years!

So looks like your Jag is just fine! :-)

10th Oct 2010, 20:43

Four sets of brake pads at £2000??? In reality pads are £21 a set for fronts and £18 for rears. Then there's fitting obviously, and you are saying that your 'friendly dealer' charged you approx £460 to fit pads each time... with friends like that, who needs enemies! LOL!

16 tyres at £3200, they saw you coming my friend... P6000 are approx £130, so 16 of them would be about £2000.

I could go on, but suffice it to say you have been totally ripped off on all of the listed repairs, so I would advise that this review is ignored.

20th Nov 2011, 08:57

Yes, I completely agree with the previous commenter.

I am from the colonies, and not terribly familiar with pounds, but it seems you gladly paid these overcharges every time!

Why? Of course they acted 'friendly' whilst screwing you.

17th Dec 2011, 01:12

Yeah, you got screwed alright.

1st Jan 2012, 10:16

Sir if true... You should first CHANGE the repair shop you go to; 2 batteries for 1000 pounds... totally nuts, and more money than common sense.

Gives Jag maintenance a bad name, and I am forced to

doubt its authenticity.

27th Apr 2013, 21:58

Oh man, where on earth have you been taking this poor car for servicing/maintenance?? The trans in my 3.2 is one of the smoothest I've driven, especially with full synthetic fluid in it. I can't believe you kept the car for 9 years whilst hating it, just because your wife likes the bonnet leaper. I suspect that at heart you must secretly love your Jag!!

Just find someone who knows how to look after it for you, and get the best from it. These are magnificent beasts in the right hands.

Add another comment