2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews - Page 27 of 46

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo from North America

Engine and transmission Don't Know
Previous carChevrolet Cavalier

Numerous Problems...

General Comments:

I have had numerous problems here and there with my 2000 JGC. The main issue that I also see everyone here experiencing is the Aflac Duck sound when I use the remote to open my driver side door (the actuator needs to be replaced), I had both brake light assemblies replaced two years ago and now another one has gone out, the sun roof is not properly working, the transducer had to be replaced, etc...

If anyone knows of a place/site where I can purchase parts at a cheaper price, PLEASE email me!

Thenotic1@gmail.com Thanks!

Review Date: 3rd January, 2006

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee from North America

Previous carJeep Grand Cherokee

Summary:

Too expensive to own/drive!!!

Replaced drivers side power window assembly at 95000 miles. Had oil pump and pan replaced at 90000 miles. Transmission replaced at 92000 miles. Four wheel drive high stopped working at 98000 miles (not fixed yet). Solenoids in transmission replaced at103000 miles. Now door locks need to be replaced. Plastic trim pieces rattle and squeak. This is my last Chrysler/Jeep/Daimler vehicle I will ever buy. I have bought 4 grand Cherokees over the years: (for their good looks) : thinking each one would be better, but to no avail. never again!

Review Date: 16th December, 2005

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 from North America

Engine and transmission 4.7 V8 Automatic
Previous carJeep Cherokee

Summary:

Money pit

All, but one door will now open. All the power door lock have frozen shut. Please provide any assistance on how I can repair this redmondexpress@yahoo.com.

Ignition system has been replaced twice where as I put the key in the ignition and the wheel locks up.

Gone through brakes too many times to list.

Tranmission makes funky noises.

Review Date: 13th December, 2005

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo V6 from North America

Engine and transmission V6 Automatic
Previous carPontiac Grand Prix

Summary:

I'm still smitten by its looks

General Comments:

I just purchased a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with only 38000 miles on it.

I'm seriously nervous now on the vehicle I had just purchased over the weekend.

I ran into this site because I had wanted to get more information on the Laredo.

The number one complaint was on the brakes and rotors. I hope and pray that this was fixed at the dealership before they decided to sell it on the lot.

My budget is very tight right now, the insurance alone is like paying for a another monthly on a small car. I wish that I did some research on this particular jeep. I was under the impression that all jeeps were made to be dependable.

I did drive my Laredo from Detroit to Chicago though and it drove flawlessly. I hope I do not experience anywhere near the problems you guys are facing! Wish me luck.

Hmm...now it makes me wonder why the mileage on this truck was fairly low!!

Review Date: 28th November, 2005

8th Jan 2006, 21:20

We just purchased our 2001 2wd Jeep this weekend - got a pretty good deal - but I'm nervous too - as I didn't research it before buying. Pray for me guys :-)

16th Feb 2006, 07:03

There is enough steel under a grand to built a few clone, but oil seals is the problem for too many years.

18th Feb 2006, 16:33

I just wanted to get some more info in a 2000 grand that I just test drove today. I love it, comfortable and fun to drive, smooth I didn't notice any problems with it. I am not a mechanic, but I do a lot of my own work and I am very mechanicly inclined. the one I drove has been very well maintained. even with all that said this site has me me nervious about the vehicle now.

3rd Oct 2006, 05:23

Save money for repairs trust me I own a 2000 jeep Cherokee and wow! have some money saved up "trust me"

9th Jun 2010, 19:29

I bought a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo about a month ago with about 120 k on it, and now I'm leaking transmission fluid, and it sounds/feels like the transmission is not engaging properly either, and my hatch door does not open anymore! You're right, you oughta have some money saved up!