1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer from North America
A unique theme vehicle that needs tender care
1989 Grand Wagoner - all incidents since April 2002. (all $ Canadian)
* Incident #1 - Brake master cylinder, calipers, flex hose, service ($800). The brakes went really soft, had to tow it in.
* Incident #2 - transmission service /seals and misc ($250). A routine service where oozing was noted.
* Incident # 3 - front brakes pad and related ($300) (went for a tune up #5 below and 5-10% was noted left on brake pads)
* Incident #4 - Muffler and pipe ($300) (tail pipe had rotted off, muffler a bag of bolts, converter was OK)
* Incident # 5 - Major tune up, wires, distributor etc ($300) (coughing sputtering, poor power, was getting about 8 miles to the gallon)
* Incident # 6 - Now just a few days after the #5, the in car heater won't come on, although the air conditioning module works. Perhaps it's the switch. And the right front window has started sticking. (to be done)
Hi folks. In April 2002, I acquired a 1989 Grand Wagoner from a relative. It had about 60,000k, now has 66,000 k. We love this fine beast. But we are bugged by the maelstrom of problems. But, despite the growls we won't cut this wildcat loose. Comments?
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Don't Know
Review Date: 28th September, 2002