2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 2WD 2.4 from North America

Summary:

Durable, comfortable, capable, and economical

Tire pressure sensor replaced at 50,000 miles.

Nothing else at all.

General Comments:

While it may not be the best car in every category, it would be close. It was inexpensive to purchase, and I've spent next to nothing on repairs (1 tire pressure sensor).

It's easy on tires and I'm still on the original brakes. Good handling and ride on the highways, and fabulous in snow, even without 4WD.

It's not a performance vehicle, but acceleration is acceptable, and better than expected for a 4 cylinder.

Fuel economy is excellent for an SUV: high 20s MPG overall, low 30s on a long trip at 55-65 mph.

At 85,000 miles, the driver's seat is showing some wear.

Only complaints:

1) I wish the rear window opened without the whole gate.

2) Rare tire size / few options - you must find something close and argue with the dealers if you're not staying with OEM size.

Review Date: 20th April, 2012

1st Apr 2014, 23:37

Not even a Lexus would go 85000 miles without a single issue. There is not a single vehicle of any brand on the market that will show such reliability figure.

8th Apr 2014, 09:31

Now at 145,000 miles I've finally come to a few repairs. Since last year I've replaced the front and rear brakes, and the ball joints. Overall maintenance costs have been low. However, the CVT transmission was replaced (free under the lifetime warranty). If I'd had to pay for that I wouldn't be a happy camper, but since it cost me nothing, I'm OK with it. Still thrilled with the fuel economy: 30+ MPG on a trip, always above 25 MPG.

14th Apr 2016, 15:09

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4 is stellar when it comes to reliability. I bought mine new, and beside the dual action passenger seat forward release cable breaking... nothing. Change the oil, filters, wiper blades, etc. That's it. 149,000 now and yet perfect.

DG

3rd Aug 2017, 01:10

I wrote this review 5 years ago. I still own this Patriot, now at 252,000 miles. Had a wiring problem at 190,000 and debated putting $1000 into it at that many miles. After further consideration I realized I'd only put peanuts into it for repairs so I went ahead and did it. I've gotten another 60,000 out of it since with only maintenance items. Still going strong. :-)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 2.4 DOHC from North America

Summary:

Best inexpensive compact SUV

Water leak in the rear hatch starting around 34,000 miles.

Ball joints/lower control arms replaced at 47,000 miles.

Both ball joints/lower control arms went bad at 29,000 miles.

Goodyear R16 tires wear down fast.

Front end rotors need to be replaced soon.

Rubber strip on bottom of windshield constantly comes off.

General Comments:

The overall design of the car is attractive.

The cabin colors are also attractive, My interior is black and silver.

The Yes! Essentials fabric on the seats works well and is terrific; it repels stains and odors.

I just don't understand why only the driver's window switch illuminates and not the others...?

Car is at 51,000 miles, and has had no problems under the hood.

Review Date: 10th August, 2010

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 2.4 petrol from Mexico

Summary:

Good amigo

None really; some noises in the plastic side of the driver's door and under the passenger seat, but not important.

General Comments:

We are happy with this car.

After two years driving on those bad roads of the country side of Jalisco, México, it has less noises than I expected. We do not use it for trails, but for poor surface roads with mud, stones and strong rain, this Jeep is the master! Easy to clean, terrific brakes (it is easy to crash with ranchero drivers around!) and good enough for fuel efficiency.

On the highway it is not a rocket, especially at 2,800 meters high altitude, but is OK.

More reliable than our previous S10 Blazer.

Review Date: 27th May, 2010

1st Mar 2011, 15:34

Now after 66,000 kms, our Patriot still goes without a failure. More small noises here and there, the shock absorbers seem to wear. May be due poor surfaces of roads. The only complaint is the poor service from dealers.

Still a nice car to drive, still feel strong. My wife loves her "carrito".