2001 Jeep Wrangler Reviews - Page 2 of 7

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara I6 from North America

Year of manufacture2001
Engine and transmission I6 Automatic
Distance when acquired20000 miles

Summary:

Junk

The radiator had to be replaced it was leaking. The power steering unit had to be replaced is was leaking. The Head Gasket, head and engine block had to be replaced because they cracked.

General Comments:

This is a serious disappointment. I love the jeep concept... This is the third one that I've owned and I've had serious problems with all of them... Even the one I bought new. Transmission, Engines all had to be replaced and the only things my jeep have seen for off road use is my buddies dirt driveway.

Review Date: 24th March, 2007

24th Mar 2007, 19:59

I had a 1983 wrangler. Replaced the engine and transmission with less than 40000 miles on it. Biggest lemon I ever owned, but then again I have friends with Cherokee's and they have over 1000000 miles and run just fine!

25th Mar 2007, 15:45

When your Jeep overheats shut it off instead of waiting until you blow the motor and head! There's a reason they put a temp. gauge on the dashboard.

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L from North America

Model year2001
Year of manufacture2001
Engine and transmission 4.0L Manual
Previous carJeep Wrangler

Summary:

The best piece of crap that I have ever owned

30,000 miles, replaced gas tank - manufacturing error.

35,000 miles, rebuilt throttle body - unknown cause.

40,000 miles, replaced gas tank seals and gas lines - manufacturing error.

60,000 miles, replaced fuel pump - manufacturing error.

75,000 miles, replaced transmission - manufacturing error.

Among other things, the inner door panels started cracking at 40,000 miles, and the radio stopped working at 10,000 miles.

General Comments:

All things considered, I love my Chrysler piece of crap. I will never get rid of it. My Jeep will always be the albatross that hangs around my neck. I will never purchase another one, and since my warranty is about up, I plan on replacing all faulty mechanical components with Toyota parts.

It may not sound like a Jeep, but at least it will run.

By the way, if anyone should chance to run into Lee Iococa in the street, will you do me a huge favor and kick him in the ass for me? Thanks.

Review Date: 17th February, 2006

17th Feb 2006, 20:18

You do know that Lee Iaccoca had nothing to do with the Wrangler, right?

18th Feb 2006, 11:35

There is no such thing as a bad Jeep Wrangler, just bad owners.

Happy Jeeping!

28th Jun 2007, 01:55

Sound's like your quite cursed with some rather ugly abnormality's in the reliable car department.

As a quick diagnosis may I recommend checking the problem between the gas pedel and the driver seat.

Take two Advil and talk to me three decade's from now.

28th Jun 2007, 08:19

How do you "rebuild" a throttle body? People take a lot of liberties with that term - rebuild. Your review does not have much credibility. Your implied terroristic threats against Lee Iococa reveal a lot about your state of mind when you penned your diatribe. Perhaps your Jeep had some problems, but I think you are glad to have something to complain about. If your Jeep did have problems, the transmission in particular, a possible (if not likely) scenario is that you caused it by not knowing how to drive. When you get angry like in this review, do you take it out on your vehicle?

19th Mar 2009, 17:37

Give him a break. I think he was only kidding and I found it quite humorous. Who cares if Lee Iococa had nothing to do with it. I feel like kicking his ass too. I once owned a Chrysler so I know how it feels to be stranded at the side of the road. Love and hate relationship is what I will call it. Love the looks, but hate it when she lets you down. Sounds like my first wife. Good luck with your jeep!

20th Mar 2009, 16:46

Could just be someone who beat the living daylights out of his Wrangler - then blames the manufacturer when it breaks.

There's plenty of them around!