2008 Kia Rondo EX from North America - Comments

20th May 2009, 23:22

Front driver side wind noise. Helicopter noise when opening rear windows when riding more than 50 mpg.

13th May 2010, 15:26

Original reviewer here. The vehicle now has almost 40 000km on the odometer. The vibration when braking never got worse, and while I can tell that it is there, my wife does not seem to notice, so unless it gets worse I will not bother until it is time to replace the brake pads.

So far so good. I will keep you posted.

P.S: Re: Helicopter noise. About the only time I want my rear windows open is when someone rips a stinky one. Otherwise the controls are locked so the kids don't drop toys on the highway.

23rd Jun 2010, 10:32

Just a quick note. The Rondo isn't a van. Kia classifies it as an "Urban Utility Vehicle", but it is closer to a wagon than anything. In the 7 seater there isn't much cargo room, but the 5 seater has tons of cargo space, and even storage under the floor in the cargo area.

13th Mar 2012, 23:29

For camping, can a 6'1" person comfortably lay down with the second and third row folded down?

20th Mar 2013, 11:15

Original reviewer here:

It's been 95000 Km, the car has been reliable and the problems that surfaced were minor. Unfortunately as much as I like the car, the post-sale service has been so atrocious that there will be no new KIA in my family's future.

The KIA dealer where I bought the car has given me so much run around on a coil replacement warranty repair, that in the end I took it to my mechanic and paid to have it fixed.

A visit to a second KIA dealer left me with: "Something is bent in the suspension and until fixed the car will not align, but you still owe us $120 for an alignment". When a local Canadian Tire completed the alignment just fine and gave me bill to that effect, the second KIA flatly refused to reimburse me, and KIA Canada never even bothered to reply to my email. Overall, the post-sale experience negated all the advantages that this car had when I bought it.

The Rondo is a nice car on the cheap when comparing the features and prices, but given the quality of the service and the plummeting resale, one has to look at the competition as being equal in terms of value for the money over the length of the ownership.

It is a case of pay less now, get bad service, get a haircut on the resale and drive a KIA, or pay more now, get decent service, more on a trade in and drive something else.

Add another comment