2000 Kia Sephia Reviews - Page 8 of 18

2000 Kia Sephia LS from North America

Model year2000
Previous carFord Taurus

Summary:

It is a very reliable little car

I have had absolutely nothing go wrong with this car. I took over the payments from my aged parents and they had it serviced regularly and I have been doing the same. The only thing that was done that wasn't regular service was a seat belt recall. It was done immediately upon a regular service trip.

General Comments:

This little car has ampele power and drives very well on the highway. Keeping up with traffic is no problem them keeping up with this car is another thing. It handles very well and even has enough left to pass others. The gas mileage is very good I have gone from home to my son's which is about 600 kilometers away on 3/4 of a tank.

Review Date: 27th April, 2005

2000 Kia Sephia 1.8 from North America

Previous carPontiac Sunbird

Summary:

I'm happy with my purchase, so far

Catalytic Converter replaced 3 times. First time, check engine light went off, and almost immediately car began shaking violently, then died. Once the car started, had to floor the acelerater to go 5 mph. Dealer replaced free of charge, but put in a faulty part. Replaced again one month later, dealer gave me a rental car free even though not the norm for dealership. Second part of converter went out, replaced free of charge (converters covered until 80,000 miles) Didn't know there were 3 parts to converter.

Brakes make odd grinding noise, I have seen 3 mechanics about this, nothing apparently wrong. They do work though, saved my life from a head on collision, I was going 40 mph and stopped immediately. They also squeak, but I guess this is the norm for KIA breaks.

General Comments:

I haven't had anything else go wrong with this car so far (knock on wood). It is great on gas, I get about 300 miles on city driving.

No rust.

AC still works.

I hope to get 100,000 miles out of this car, seeing as it has no resale value. I talked to the KIA mechanic about this, which I heard can happen if properly maintained.

I really am quite happy with my car, I like the small size of it, great for parking. I bought a remote start for it and am even happier, getting in a cozy car. It is pretty peppy as well, once warmed-up.

Review Date: 27th February, 2005

2000 Kia Sephia 4 cylinder from North America

Engine and transmission 4 cylinder Manual

Summary:

You will get to know the service personnel at the dealer very well

The cadalydic converter seems to go every 2 months or so.

I have had this vehicle in for repairs every 2-3 months on average.

PVC valve (?) needed replaced twice in less than 3 years of actual use.

Fuel filter has been replaced 4 times.

This is a very poor vehicle overall.

General Comments:

These vehicles are terrible. Even the brand new price of under 10,000 dollars does not justify the fact that the vehicle is in constant need of repair.

After I purchased the car, it needed a cadalydic converter TWO MONTHS later. not even 500 miles were put on the car.

In the beginning it did not bother me that the thing broke down all of the time. After all, there is a 100,000 mile warranty right? Wrong. after 60,000 miles almost everything goes out of warranty.

I just took my kia into the dealer today because, once again, it will not go over 25 miles/hour. And on the way to the dealer the clutch pedal decided to stick to the floor after at a stop light.

I would not reccomend this vehicle to anyone at all. they are a waste of money and you can't sell it for a pickle after you realize your mistake.

These cars should not be allowed for sale in the united states.

Review Date: 9th September, 2004

25th Nov 2006, 15:39

I also have a KIA and I am experiencing the same problem as the car will not pick up speed. My maxmium speed is maybe 50 miles per hour. What was the cause of your problem or if anybody else knows please help me.

2nd Nov 2007, 18:26

Cylinder misfires; have replaced the spark plug parts more times than ever should have to. These are not wires (cannot remember what they are called). But we put them in ourselves and have replaced them 4 times. Only had the car since 2001, bout it new, it is a 2000 Sephia.

20th Aug 2009, 20:49

I agree!

I've had mine for about 3 months, and I've had to take it into the shop 3 times already.