23rd Oct 2008, 11:06
Great Cheap Car - I own a 2000 KIA Sephia 5-speed manual transmission. I bought it used about a year ago and it has served me well. Yes, the dash is curled up in two places. Yes, the glove box doesn't shut perfectly tight. Yes, it starts kinda weird. Yes, the check engine light is on.
But, who cares???
The car just goes and goes and goes. And after all (let's call the black kettle black shall we?) -- IT IS A CHEAP CAR. Considering everything, it gets me from point A to point B pretty well. Looks like crap, yes... but never had a problem one. If you want great looks and good performance, go buy a freakin' expensive car you whiners!!!
My 2 cents,
Rod in Fort Walton Beach, Florida.
4th Apr 2009, 10:39
I have a 2000 KIA Sephia; not a bad car, but I'm after having my problems.
1. It fogs up very easy inside and not that easy to get rid of.
Hand brake doesn't work because of the retaining clip on the backing plate.
2. Lost all lights for awhile (except for daytime running lights) including dash lights; turns out to be DRL module, which if taken apart can be resoldered easily.
3. Bad grounding for lights and radio.
4. Doors seem to seize in the cold.
5. Replaced driver side door latch; door would not close (at least I could get it opened).
6. Would not start on cold mornings, but it turned out the old (new) battery I had wasn't strong enough (cranking in cold).
7. Problems with lag in shifting (automatic) (haven't figured that one out yet).
For a cheap car it hasn't been that bad yet (knock on wood), but I guess wait for it.
5th Oct 2010, 18:32
I bought my 2000 Kia Sephia brand new, and missed the 10 year warranty by 7 days. We have had two recalls; twice the dealer replaced the exhaust system, and one recall for the front rotors and brakes with no charge. The dashboard has also rolled up from the vents breaking. The driver's side door handle had to be replaced, along with the thermostat.
I get around 40 mpg on a trip, and now have 101,000 miles and really can't complain.
It's time for the belts to be replaced, but I am not sure if I want to put that much money into it, since the value is so low.
11th Jun 2011, 10:40
I have a Kia Sephia 1996, right hand drive, & my dashboard is cracked. I wonder if you may help by giving me some contacts who can offer me a complete dashboard in new or used condition.
I am in Sri Lanka & my contact mail address is.. firstname.lastname@example.org