2011 Kia Sorento Reviews

2011 Kia Sorento 4 cylinder from North America

Most recent year of ownership2012
Engine and transmission 4 cylinder Automatic
Previous carChrysler Town and Country

Summary:

Misrepresented mileage, would not buy another one

I bought the 4 cylinder model because it was supposed to get 30 mpg on the highway. This vehicle has never gotten above 22.5 mpg on the highway. I took it to the dealer; they essentially said to drive slower.

General Comments:

Comfort is OK.

Bluetooth works most of the time, if not, the dealership blames the phone.

Would not buy another one.

Review Date: 10th April, 2012

20th Apr 2012, 19:15

Consumer reports considers that a midsize SUV, and its tests show it gets about 20mpg overall. And if you are going to trust a government agency to tell you what it's going to get... you are in real trouble. Our government is good at starting wars and getting in debt, but not much else.

The Internet is filled with information on what a car/truck/SUV should get in the real world. Do your homework before you buy your next vehicle.

28th Sep 2012, 14:29

Kia doesn't set the MPG's printed on the MSRP, just like every other car dealer doesn't... the government does. I own a 2012 Sorento, and I manage 28 MPG in town and 33 on the highway...

2011 Kia Sorento EX 6 cylinder from North America

Engine and transmission 6 cylinder Automatic
Previous carSaturn VUE

Summary:

Best vehicle I have owned, highly recommended

None.

General Comments:

This is a great vehicle, and one of only a few in its class. We were looking for a small to mid sized 7 seater, that was reliable and eye appealing, and we found it in the 2011 Sorento.

The power train is excellent with loads of power, and the 6 speed transmission makes passing a breeze.

The interior is nice, with only a few flaws in my mind, which are the driving position is not that great, as there are no arm rests, and the mid console is too low to rest your elbow on. The road handling is good, and the ride is a little stiff, but it is a $25000 Kia, not an $80000 Mercedes.

I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for an affordable, comfortable vehicle that seats 7, and has excellent reviews and an awesome warranty.

Review Date: 7th December, 2011

2011 Kia Sorento EX 4 cylinder from North America

Engine and transmission 4 cylinder Automatic
Previous carHyundai Santa Fe

A very good car except for the gas mileage. Beware! You will not get the miles per gallon that Kia says you should. I appealed and got nowhere with Kia. I feel deceived and cheated with the 4 cylinder engine. I am a senior driver and get 20.5 mpg. Terrible mpg. Beware, beware!!!

Review Date: 21st June, 2011

17th Jul 2011, 23:28

I have a 2012 Sorento 4 cylinder AWD. I love it. 20.5 is great fuel economy. My 97 Silverado gets 8 mpg.

30th Aug 2011, 11:51

Me too; an owner of 2011 Kia Sorento. So far so good... Gas mileage is not that bad, in fact quite good when you think about how big is it...

23rd Nov 2011, 20:06

Some KIA Sorento I4 owners have complained about their gas mileage. In many cases, it is much less than the V6, particularly when carrying loads, used in hilly regions, or where the transmission has to downshift a lot. The I4 Sorento , particularly the AWD, is somewhat under powered for the vehicle's weight, and thus the engine must work hard to feel sprinty. On flat terrain, most report that it gets about 24-26mpg, which is good for AWD, however once in heavy, fast moving, but stop and go traffic; or running with 4 or more people; or in hilly areas, the mileage really drops. However, depending upon your type of driving, over 20mpg might be reasonable. The newer direct injection I4 is much better, and the V6 outdoes both overall, if under anything but almost empty conditions. That is also why you will find so many more used I4s for sale than V6s.

28th Sep 2012, 14:32

Again... Kia does not "say" it will get anything... The government puts the ESTIMATED MPG on the moroney stickers.

2011 Kia Sorento SX 3.5L V6 gasoline from North America

Engine and transmission 3.5L V6 gasoline Automatic

Summary:

Extreme value, and a nearly perfect vehicle!

Absolutely nothing!

General Comments:

The all new 2011 KIA Sorento caught our eye when we began to search for a new vehicle to replace our Mazda5, which my daughter is going to use for school and work.

The Mazda has seats for 6, which we liked, and our next new car should seat that many... but not a mini-van. We wanted a SUV this time.

In North America that meant a 2011 Ford Explorer, Toyota Highlander, Mazda9, Honda Pilot, Chevy Traverse, or some much bigger SUV's.

We stumbled upon the all new KIA Sorento when we drove by the dealer down the street from us.

We were amazed, and it seemed that we had found the perfect fit for us! Beautiful styling, all the "bells and whistles", and it oozed quality and careful build quality. We test drove a SX~model, which is the top of the line "sport" model, and were pleased by the performance, quietness and handling of this CUV!

The price was less than all the competition, and fully loaded it eclipsed the other brands, and equaled the higher end SUV's from Lexus, Buick, VW and BMW!

The fact that it was #1) "Made in the USA", #2) has a 100,000 mile warranty, #3) had the best performance and mileage in its class, #4 Was rated top pick in Safety by a major consumer magazine and is currently breaking records in sales sealed the deal.

We bought a loaded 2011 in a beautiful Pearl White Snow, and love it! This one is for the wife, we are going to buy another KIA sometime in the future for me! A hybrid or Turbo Optima I think!

Review Date: 13th March, 2011