2011 Kia Sorento Reviews - Page 2 of 2

First year of ownership2010
Engine and transmission 3.5 V6 Automatic
Most recent distance2000 miles
Previous carBuick Rendezvous

Summary:

Kia, you hit the jackpot with the 2011 Sorento!!

Problem free. It's new!!

General Comments:

When we first set our eyes on the 2011 Sorento, we knew we had to own one. Seeing one in person is believing. What you see on the commercials about it is true. It is loaded with safety features.

We traded in our 2004 Rendezvous for it, and we are sure glad that we did what we did. The Sorento is gorgeous! Ours is a silver like color. The interior layout is exactly how we like it to be. The material quality is great. It is quite roomy as well. It is very quick with the 6 cylinder. Yes it is new, but we really do love it.

We love it so much that we have recommended a few of our family members to buy one. If you liked the old Sorento, you will fall in love with this one. So take one out for a test drive, and see for yourself.

It is a great family vehicle with all the safety gear, and the warranty speaks for itself.

Review Date: 24th September, 2010

14th Apr 2012, 21:51

I loved my Kia Sorento 2011. I was very, very happy with all the features until today. The battery was dead. I called the telephone number on the window for service. The first responder told me that the battery was not dead. He said the cause of the problem was with the electronics in the smart key. A tow truck came to take the car to the dealership. When the man went to check the car... surprise, the Sorento started. Then I remember it happened to me before. About two months ago, the car wouldn't start. I went to go back home to call and tell my family. This time the car started. I didn't give it too much thought until now. I don't know what to do!

16th Aug 2013, 02:39

It is a small chip problem. Do a little research. This is an awesome car. I ran across this by accident. If you need convincing, go drive a Ford Edge and I promise you you'll be running right back to the Sorento. Usually whenever you are told what the problem is, the manufacturer already has a known solution. The clue here is, the battery is not the problem, otherwise the car would not start until it is charged or jumped, or replaced.

29th Aug 2013, 11:52

I bought my 2011 Sorento in November of 2010.

The check engine light first came on at 18,000. It is a 6 cylinder. They replaced the oiler.

It came back on, they replaced to gas cap.

It came back on and they replaced the cam shaft.

It came back on, and four more times replaced the oiler valves.

It is now back in for another oiler valve.

The car performs well, drives well, but they cannot seem to fix the oiler valves.