2007 Lexus IS 350 3.5 petrol from North America

Summary:

Dragster from Lexus

Nothing.

General Comments:

Extremely underrated car.

It looks fantastic, very well built, top reliability, well designed cabin. Performance is incredible, blows anything classified as 'fast' into oblivion. Instant power on tap - nearly electric-like. Caution required even in the dry with RWD, as you can spin the wheels very easily. Terrible in the snow, but that's expected of any RWD car.

Review Date: 25th May, 2011

6th Nov 2011, 17:59

Man, I couldn't agree with you more. Automatic; throttle response is fantastic. Granted, have only rode it 2x, just got it, but that was a main point. Cannot believe only 204hp, acceleration off the on-ramp was so cool I had an ear-to-ear grin. Sound was right on, then on the highway, making an additional acceleration to 65+, I could hardly hear the engine. The anti-noise quality of my car is great, to me. I did not like the 2006 noise level. My choice that day was an Acura RL/Lexus IS 250 AWD. I chose the IS.

2007 Lexus IS 250 Prestige 2.5L from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

A great car definitely worth the money

A dark paint spot on the bonnet, fixed under warranty.

Rattles in the dash area.

General Comments:

Much much more reliable than my previous Audi A4 2.0 CVT, and doesn't consume excessive amount of engine oil like the Audi does. Much cheaper to keep and run than the Audi.

Quieter and comfortable, handles well although not quite up to BMW or Merc. Good equipment level, cooled and heated front seats. Nice and smooth engine + transmission. Suspension is on the soft side, but gives a comfortable ride. 2.5L engine is adequate, and only consumes around 8.5L of fuel around town at an average speed of 50km/h. Rear seats are comfortable, but leg room is not great.

Only complaint is the rattling and squeaking noise coming from the dash area and the moonroof in summer time. Front of the car is prone to stone chips, and the paint work is not as good as my previous Audi.

Boot is fairly small, and rear seats cannot be folded down.

Review Date: 31st December, 2009

2007 Lexus IS 250 AWD 2.5 V6 from North America

Summary:

Reliable comfortable city cruiser

Dashboard and doors squeaked then rattled (seems to be a common problem among IS). Took it into the dealership which fixed the problem over 3-4 visits. They gave me an ES rental for free and their service was immaculate and free so I'm not complaining.

General Comments:

I did an extensive bit of research before I got this car. I list the pros and cons of the car vs. C-class and 3-series in hopes of it helping others with their purchase.

Pros:

Much better equipped than either the C-class or 3-Series (The option prices on competition are too high).

More reliable than other brands (Lexus being the most reliable brand).

Dealership service is amazing (having owned Mercs and Beamers before, Lexus services you much better).

Running costs are very low as the car barely uses any gas.

The AWD package really helps out during winter.

I personally prefer the look over 3 series, I think the C class is better looking, but the IS is gorgeous too.

Lexus maintains its value better than the competition.

Parts are expensive, but still cheaper than both Mercs and Beamers.

Cons:

Power lags behind the competition - I knew that before the purchase, but I wanted something more economical.

Second row seating is very cramped compared to the C-class at least.

Ride quality isn't as smooth as Merc or sporty as BMW.

Overall, I felt considering the options, the price, dealership, and the looks, the IS was a very good choice.

Review Date: 8th April, 2009

2007 Lexus IS 250 from North America

Summary:

Every trip is pretty much a joyride

Nothing so far.

General Comments:

It may be because its the first rear wheel drive car I have owned, but the handling is amazing.

The ~200 ponies is plenty of power for this car for pretty much anyone unless you are a professional street racer.

The space is the back is very limited. Its pretty much impossible to fit 6' people in the rear seats. There is not enough head space or legroom.

The cabin is a pure joy. Comfortable bucket seats and all the buttons in the right places. They managed to even fit to very good sized cup holders.

Review Date: 4th January, 2008