2007 Lexus RX 3.5L V6 from North America

Summary:

Incredible & comfortable truck, with a car-like ride!

Nothing! It's an incredible machine. Just regular maintenance, and the dealer compared to standalone mechanics wasn't much more.

General Comments:

I love my truck! It handles great and is super quiet. Comfortable ride.

Review Date: 7th October, 2015

2007 Lexus RX 350 full load 3.5 from North America

Summary:

Fantastic vehicle, but not without its problems

The engine coils continue to be faulty. We have replaced 4 so far, as they are one per cylinder.

The fan for the auto climate control makes a high pitch wine/squeak when it is maintaining temperature during -10 degrees Celsius.

The tire pressure monitor works off and on.

General Comments:

Before I start, I have no reason to be biased or exaggerate. We have several vehicles in our household, and all have their pros/cons.

Pros:

I love how comfortable the seats are in this vehicle.

I handles really well, and has fantastic acceleration. It is our go to long trip vehicle.

It's nice to have all 4 windows one touch up or down.

Stereo is excellent.

Cons:

The sunroof is ridiculous. It doesn't stop between opening and popping up. So it's always a challenge to make sure it's shut. We stopped using it.

In the summer, the auto climate control is mediocre. I really can't believe that my Ford F150 is so much better at this. In the winter it's good.

You have to use premium fuel. I guess that's to be expected for the performance.

The Nav and voice control are terrible. My hand held Garmin is actually better.

Despite how many times this vehicle has been in the shop, and the sunroof/climate control issues, I really love driving this vehicle, and would buy another one.

Review Date: 8th May, 2012

23rd Aug 2012, 08:39

I just wanted to update my review. Now the steering rack is shot $1600 and the tire pressure sensors don't work.

When the steering rack went, you would be going around an off ramp and try to straighten out the wheels, and the steering wheel would stick in the direction you had the wheel turned.

Very, very, very, very, very dangerous, and upon reading on the Internet, this is a common problem.

The vehicle is 5 years old with 92,000 km or 57,000 miles.

We are getting rid of this death trap, and it will be our last Lexus or Toyota.

23rd Aug 2012, 10:34

Did you ask to speak to a Lexus Rep.?

I think a steering rack failure at such low miles should be covered - regardless if it is out of warranty.

30th Oct 2012, 21:57

We didn't actually talk to a Lexus rep; just dealt with the dealership. Dealership wasn't interested in helping us out at all. The ironic thing is we ended up buy a low mileage 2010 as a replacement.

21st Jan 2016, 16:08

OK, then blame yourself...

The dealers will try to blow smoke in your face and see you as a soft target.

Then they'll swing you over to a new product and give you a 'fantastic' trade-in value for your defect car.

Seen this behavior before, Lexus dealers are no better than the rest of the industry.

Also the RX isn't as good as the rest of the Lexus line-up, like the LS and the GS range. Under the skin it's a cheap Toyota and not a 'real' purpose designed Lexus like LS/GS. So things WILL break on these cars.

All that matters is WARRANTIES. Then you have something to back up your claims. Everybody says Lexus are so great... So why don't Lexus/Toyota back up their cars with long warranties?

Better have a look at the Hyundais or even the new Ford line-up.

Cars like the LS were legendary for longevity WAY, WAY back. Based on that, people think all cars from Lexus are built to the same standards.

They are NOT!!

2007 Lexus RX 400h from North America

Summary:

We love it!

Nothing has gone wrong.

General Comments:

We love our car! It's given us no problems at all, and runs like a dream.

Review Date: 16th April, 2011