1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 4.6 from North America

Summary:

VIII the great

Front air suspension began with small leak, but now doesn't work at all.

Passenger side window is starting to show a glitch.

Everything else is candy. Can't wait for the front suspension to get done (thank GOD for ebay) so I can get back to my highway shuffle.

General Comments:

Great car for the money. I'm sure glad they don't hold value like the Germans and some Japanese cars do. Because I paid $2300.00, I feel like I robbed the previous owner.

The only thing I could ask for would be heated seats, but the HP and TORQUE makes up for that. This thing really turns heads (green with tan leather) I just smile because I've got no car payment and it can run or out run almost any car on the street at any price, especially these little rice machines with more than $2300.00 worth of upgrades.

Needless to say she's a highway shuttle - you ask and she gives, with style that is still not dated. If I only get a year out of it, I got my money's worth. TLC is all they need.

Review Date: 8th September, 2004

28th Mar 2005, 16:07

My 93 Mark VIII is black! Even after being 13 years old it still grabs a lot of attention. I call it my sexy car. It has a beauty that is sexy. Every option there. Love the seats. Stereo is defective, I hear this is common. The sunroof is nice, but hard to get closed just right with the one switch. I've seen cars with the dual movement roof with two controls which works better. And FAST! I have built and owned a lot of hot rods, but this factory Modular aluminum block four cam-mer is a screamer! Traction is awesome and handling is superb. I think I'll keep my sexy little car.

1st Sep 2006, 03:47

I agree wholeheartedly, this is one very sexy and beautiful car. It STILL gets looks and compliments to boot! :) Not bad for a 12 year old car... that says a lot about the styling..timeless! :) I'll keep this one until the wheels fall off of it.. fortunately it is not my only car so it tends to get pampered. Lincoln... wake up and build us another TRUE MARK series!!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII from North America

Summary:

I'm going to miss this car when it's gone

Replaced altenator at 60,000 and have gone three rebuilts during the past four years. Front air suspension went out at 65,000 and the back seem to be going now. Reduction gear on transmission repaired at 55,000 and has been fine since.

General Comments:

Great riding car and decent mileage for the size. Highway mileage exceeds 26/gal and city at 19. I wish Lincoln would come out with a Mark IX. Original Goodyear tires were a joke. Lasted 20K before the needed to be replaced. Bridgestone Turanza's have gone 40K without any problem.

Review Date: 3rd February, 2004

7th Mar 2004, 11:09

I purchased a 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII a few months ago, and it is an awesome car. I heard if you take the air silencer out, it will have a lot more power? Does anyone know how to do this?

lovinlife49337@yahoo.com

Thanks, Scott.

18th Oct 2011, 22:20

Check the Mark VIII forums for info on removing the air cleaner restrictions.

19th Oct 2011, 08:54

Lots of info here.

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 4.6 V8 from North America

When I first got the car it had a lot of problems. First the front air suspensions were shot. It needed an alignment and a good tune up. I still have a oil le

General Comments:

This car is so much fun to drive. It has a powerful 285 horsepower engine.

Review Date: 9th December, 2003

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 4.6 Twin Cam from North America

Summary:

A high performance sporty sedan at a great price!

When I first got my car it needed a lot of work done to it. Front air suspensions were shot. Needed head gasket seals, alingnment, new tires which I still need, and new brakes. Other than that the car runs great!

General Comments:

My Mark viii is very quick and handles well in bad weather when driven carefully. It does OK on gas. My average per mile is 11.8 miles. which is not that great, depends on how quick you accelerate.

The car is in great condition inside and out. Has all the options you would want for a sporty sedan. The dark blue leather seats are in great shape.

Overall this car hasn't been giving me any trouble.

Review Date: 29th October, 2003

13th Mar 2004, 17:44

Just want to say that this is a great car, but if your only getting 11.8 mpg you need something fixed. I average 16.9 under hard acceleration.

4th Feb 2006, 09:49

I agree with above comments. My awesome 1994 Mark VIII gets 28 miles per gallon on highway at 75 mph, and about 17 in city. In city, is hard because of the temptation to smoke all those $40,000 and $50,000 imports (absolutely blew a 540i off the road not even breaking a sweat) with a $3,000 car!! I cannot say enough about the Mark... it is truly one of a kind. Obviously I'm a fan for life, as is almost every single owner I have read posting on these car blog sites. It's unanimous---the Mark VIII is one word: Incredible!!

4th Feb 2006, 11:16

I suspect the original poster's bad gas mileage can be attributed to his bad tires, which will affect fuel economy/performance even more significantly in a sports car like the VIII.