27th Nov 2006, 19:08

The Mahindra bolero is a complete failure... wasted money! I would not recommend this vehicle to any one serious about a working vehicle with this characteristics. You'll be better off buying a 1978 FJ Land cruiser for a fraction of the cost of this one.

5th Nov 2007, 16:14

Dear Commentators.

I have full respect with your comments and experience. Mahindra had won a lot of appreciation for their cars in almost all parts of the world. You people tell which car in the world has a perfect combination.

1st Aug 2008, 19:01

Mahindra bolero is a nice car for its price. Very rugged. The interiors have improved in the latest models.

6th Dec 2010, 22:06

Mahindra has earned little respect in any country. Every professional car review has labeled this maker as completely incompetent! 'Avoid like the plague', 'Better off walking' and 'Appalling' are just a few quotes from various reviews I have read.

8th Jun 2014, 14:22

I have my Bolero since 2007, and have done over 135000 km with no trouble except for changing a battery. I have gone through mud where other 4X4 pickups could not go.

Yes it's a bumpy ride, but it can handle a load very well, and when I went on a fishing trip, the other pickups were having a hard time keeping up with me; they all wanted to know what motor is under the hood.

Yes the interior is cheap plastics, but look how cheap the vehicle is compared to other vehicles. I will most certainly buy it again.

14th May 2019, 19:29

I am with you on this one. You buy a vehicle for a purpose. I have a Mahindra, though not a Bolero, the Scorpio 4x4, 2010, in Kenya. My colleagues bought Hilux and you can’t imagine what the Mahindra could carry vs the Hilux. Yes drive and aesthetics are different. I still have my Mahindra, over 192k with one battery change, on its third tyre change. Ball joints and shock absorbers changed once, springs have never sagged despite very heavy loads. No rust and I am a dairy farmer. All hay, manure, fodder, name them all.

What do you want? Choose your car for that. I choose any Mahindra for small cargo, any Tata for large cargo. See you there with my better fuel economy and maybe 50% less capital cost. I service every 5k as a commandment, drive some of the worst terrain in search of fodder.