2009 Mazda 3 Reviews - Page 2 of 2

2009 Mazda 3 1.6 turbo diesel from Portugal

Engine and transmission 1.6 turbo diesel Manual
Previous carVolkswagen Golf

Summary:

Good car, let down by low build quality

Car was delivered with one loud noise from the dashboard and another from the passenger seatbelt.

The dashboard noise was a faulty clip.

Loud noise from the right backend of the car. Was a loose plaque.

Another noise from the interior lights on the roof of the car, not solved yet.

Passenger door trim fixing plastic broke while closing the door.

Loud windnoise from right back glass of the car when going 120 km/h or faster.

General Comments:

The car is amazing to drive and I love the styling. I bought it after test-driving a VW Golf, and I also found the Mazda to have much sharper handling.

However, the build quality is far inferior. The amount of noises that the car had (and has) is a good indication of this, specially considering that the car has 4000km.

Also dealers don't seen to know what they are doing. Dealer took 1 month to solve the dashboard and seatbelt noises.

The paint job very thin, having already a good amount of paint chips on the bonnet.

Hope that other Mazda 3 owners are luckier than me.

Review Date: 20th November, 2009

3rd Dec 2009, 17:11

Do you drive on bumpy roads or hit a lot of pot holes? This could jar some parts loose. My Mazda 3 is nine months old and does not have one rattle.

2009 Mazda 3 i Touring value 2.0 DOHC from North America

Engine and transmission 2.0 DOHC Manual
Previous carHonda Accord

Summary:

Mazda 3 zoom-zoom is a great car!

I had to replace the pathetic sounding horn with one that was loud.

General Comments:

The 3i is by far the best car in its class, and the best value. I originally planned to buy a Honda Civic, but after driving the Mazda 3 there was no way I was going to be happy with a Civic.

The Mazda is far superior to the Civic, Corolla and Nissan Sentra and Versa in performance, quality and driveability. I also happen like the styling a lot better too. It lives up to the Mazda zoom-zoom ads.

Review Date: 27th August, 2009

27th Aug 2009, 16:43

They are decent cars, the new Mazda's. Haven't caught on yet but might do eventually.

24th Sep 2009, 21:17

If your driving the 2009 (older model), I agree the this Mazda 3 version has an exceptional drive. In fact, I'm a Volkswagen driver for years, and I own a 2009 TDI Jetta. I drive rental cars quite frequently, and I happened to have a 2009 Mazda 3 this week. Until now, I was quite convinced the Jetta had the smoothest and most comfortable ride in small and mid-size cars, and that's after driving a Caliber, Impala, and a few others. But now I think the 2009 Mazda ride is better than the VW. Hard to believe a car this size can drive so well. BUT be careful: I've also driven 2010 Mazda 3 a couple of times. 2010 Mazda is also a good car, but the drive and stability in no way compares to the 2009. The car is too jerky. Good to ride to the grocery store, but you will be deceived at the end of a 3 hour drive.

10th Oct 2009, 16:58

What horn did you replace the stock with, and how hard was it to go, cause I hate the horn in my 3 too, it's so wimpy sounding.

3rd Nov 2009, 10:03

I replaced the Mazda 3 OEM horn with a Wolo Badboy compact air horn. It's loud. Google the web for how to do it. The horn is plug and play, but the Mazda 3 horn is not easy to get to. It is located directly behind the front bumper on the driver's side right above the fog light. It is accessible by removing the left front wheel, and then removing several screws and pulling back the black plastic wheel well liner to reveal the left fog light and horn. Some prefer to remove the entire front bumper, but I am not that brave. Buy some 16 gauge wire and connectors too. Alternately, you can just add another cheapo horn with the lower tone for a normal sounding horn, but if you're going to do a modification, you might as well make it cool and unique.

26th Feb 2010, 19:26

Does any body have any problem with this car's brake pads or brake system as a whole?

2009 Mazda 3 S Touring 2.3 4 cylinder mzr from North America

Engine and transmission 2.3 4 cylinder mzr Semi-Automatic

Summary:

The best car for under $25,000. Go Mazda zoom zoom

Nothing, an amazing car.

General Comments:

This car is the best car I've ever driven. It is quick off the line, it does a lot with what its given. It has a nice well geared transmission 5 speed manumatic.

It has amazing, sharp, crisp handling. This car loves the corners. It holds well and gives good feedback.

This car gets great gas mileage. It is also comfortable for it being as small as it is; I've gone on a three hour trip and was comfortable.

Review Date: 15th June, 2009

11th Jul 2009, 19:47

I agree. I've had a great mazda Millenia ownership experience and just bought a 3i. It's a very athletic car and really fun to drive. It's roomy, sporty, good looking and (eek) economical. The build quality is outstanding since it's manufactured in Japan and imported. The only 2 cars that provided me with a similar driving experience were the Honda Civic SI ($8,000 more) and the base BMW 3 series ($11,000 more).