1994 Mazda 323 from North America

Summary:

Reliable, but not built for the winter!

I have owned this car for over 1 year so I have driven this car in all 4 seasons in Canada (f/w/s/s) with

(w) inter as the worst season so I will discuss my experience for this reason:

A) With windchill temperatures below -20^C/0^F highway driving becomes a challenge as the windows, esp. at the back, become frost covered on the inside even with heater on maximum level. I try to rub it off at traffic breaks, but it just freezes over again! Arrggghhh!!

B) I had to keep a sweater, jacket and gloves on while driving at 100km/h or 60mph on the highway even with the heater on maximum.

General Comments:

Reliable: Despite the window frosting on the windows, I was impressed with how reliable this car was especially for its age (1994) and when I park outside daily at temperatures below -20^C/ 0^F. The car started up without ever stalling or required restarting.

Great MPG: I used this to commute to work 70km round trip Mon-Fri on the highway. With a full tank Monday morning, I usually refill it by Thursday evening or Friday afternoon so it lasts about a week of highway driving.

Review Date: 5th November, 2007

26th Sep 2008, 17:17

Sounds like you need a Lada for that cold weather :-) Heating is not great in Japanese, but air con is pretty good.

1994 Mazda 323 1.3 from North America

Summary:

It was a reliable car and good on gas economy, but disappointed with the water leaks and failed A/C

Water leak from the rain through the front windshield.

Water leak from the rain through the left tail light into the wheel well where the spare tire lies.

The air-conditioner does not blow cold air. It's been about four or five years since this failure first occurred. Tried to have it repaired; too expensive.

Acceleration has decreased dramatically since I first bought the car in 1996.

The carpet was never secures under the floor molding since I first bought the car in 1994.

It should have had a warning beeper when head lights were left on after the engine was turned off to prevent draining the car battery.

General Comments:

Mazda 323 had been a fairly reliable car, especially during its first 8 years. Small and convenient for parking in tight spaces.

Fairly good gas economy with about 20 - 23 mpg in the city and 25-30 mpg on the highway.

The car's AM/FM radio worked well; but it only had a tape player.

Review Date: 20th April, 2007

1994 Mazda 323 from North America

Summary:

Best car madza built

Required a Fuel injuctor cleaning at 120,000 miles.

General Comments:

I love this car... still gives me 28-34 miles per gallon. Easy on the wallet and easy to drive. Lots of power to work with.

Great car to run it to the ground.

Review Date: 4th September, 2006

1994 Mazda 323 GT-R 1.8 turbo from Turkey

Summary:

Hard to find pocket rocket

Radiator replaced at 42000.

Shaft cover (rubber) blew at 55000 and 62000, replaced with a bmw part.

Clutch wore out, replaced at 48000.

General Comments:

A veritable pocket rocket with 189 HP under the bonnet. Handling is superb, due to all wheel drive and hard suspension. Designed as a rally car, this is even better on dirt or other loose surfaces. The stealth factor is fun too, such speed and power is not expected from such a small and unknown car. The rarity has a price though, some parts are hard to come by. Uses a lot of fuel too, but an enjoyable sports car nevertheless.

Review Date: 4th January, 2006

1994 Mazda 323 Base from North America

Summary:

So much potential in one car

Busted windshield replace driver side axle replace passenger side ball joint valve cover gasket.

General Comments:

This is an amazing car extremely cheap on gas which is very important. parts aren't really cheap, but are easy to replace. could use more power, but has plenty especially for the economy car it is.

Review Date: 22nd September, 2005

1994 Mazda 323 Coupe 1.3 from Colombia

Summary:

Take away that monster from me

Blue smoke at 70.000 Km.

Constant overheating.

Electrical starting problems.

I had to change ball bearings every 10.000 km.

Noises everywhere.

Broken carpets, broken ashtray, all plastic parts falling down.

General Comments:

It's expensive, all spear parts costs like hell.

Engine's life is too short, at 70.000 Km. looked like 200.000 of any other brand. It's a general problem in Mazda Colombia and nobody does anything.

Unreliable, my insurance company hated me because of my constant assistance callings. I used to travel besides towing truck driver.

Review Date: 8th August, 2003