2014 Mazda 6 SE Nav 2.2 Skyactiv diesel from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Great car, but has some issues which hopefully the 2015 model has resolved

Sat nav issues.

Bluetooth issues.

USB connection issues.

General Comments:

I couldn't wait to get my hands on my new Mazda6 2.2 diesel Skyactiv SE Nav. My other rep mobile, the Vauxhall Insignia, was on its last legs after 3 years. All the hype behind the Mazda6 is true, it's a great car to drive, and I look forward to getting into it each morning, and after 7 months I have covered 20,000 miles. I will average around 35,000 pa.

The car is quick and handles well. I average around 48 MPG with a heavy right foot and a mixture of town city and motorway driving. If driven frugally I have reached 60+ MPG with cruise set on the motorway. My only gripe is the multimedia system; I have had issues with it and still do. My iPod doesn't always work or various USB sticks. My TomTom sat nav freezes or gives me duff info, and the Bluetooth doesn't always connect. My dealer in Manchester has been great trying to resolve the problems, and the most recent was a software update, so let's see how that goes.

I do miss the hatchback and wish Mazda would reintroduce this. The sales rep market prefers hatchbacks; one reason we moved away from the Toyota Avensis. 2015 sees a facelift inside with a new MMS; is this due to the number of complaints about the old one? Who knows, you decide... I would have another though.

Review Date: 10th February, 2015

21st May 2015, 01:26

Hopefully the Skyactiv-D will come to NA one day. I believe our North American diesel fuel is not up to snuff, as diesels everywhere else on the planet run just fine. Congrats on the diesel.