1987 Mazda 626 GLX 2.0 Fuel injection 8v from Australia and New Zealand
Fairly good, but not the best
- I put a new clutch, pressure plate and bearing in it when I had bought the car as old clutch assembly was starting to slip.
- Water pump was also due for replacement at the same time, so I thought it was best to do that.
- Also replaced the cam belt while everything was apart, better safe then sorry, I say.
- The car goes alright in a straight line, although I swear I see the fuel needle drop when I put my foot down.
- It doesn't handle quite so good but I think the shocks are fairly worn as well.
- It drives very comfortable and has no problems with getting up past the speed limit.
- 1st gear - 55km/h.
- 2nd gear - 95km/h.
- 3rd gear - unsure, I was doing 140km/h and I think I was red lining in 3rd, but I may have been in forth.
- 4th gear - unsure.
- 5th gear - unsure.
I've heard that they go 170km/h+ but I'm yet to experience this.
- The gearbox doesn't seem the strongest, red lining in first gear makes it hard work to shift into second, but it's taken many wheel spins an roll backs since I've owned it :P.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 1st May, 2008