2006 Mitsubishi Colt Reviews - Page 2 of 2

2006 Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet 1.5 from Australia and New Zealand

Previous carHyundai Tucson

Summary:

Value for money; Stylish and cute with the roof down

Passenger side window is not closing/opening properly. To be fair though, I have not taken the car in as yet for its first service, and have not notified the dealer or manufacturer of the problem as yet.

General Comments:

Fantastic value for money for a "second" vehicle - as these are a 2006 model and sold at a heavily discounted price.

It is unfortunately a bit skittish on rough roads when the hardtop roof is open (which takes only 22 seconds to open or close), but as a summer runabout car it is fun to drive, and people are curious as to the manufacturer as it is styled by Pininfarina and is quite stylish.

Being a 1.5, it isn't very quick (isn't exactly slow either), but is very fuel efficient.

I look forward to putting more kilometers on the clock, and keeping readers of this site updated on how the car and I age together.

Review Date: 12th January, 2008

5th Apr 2008, 06:43

I have now done 2000 kilometres and still enjoy the car.

The rattles have been rectified at the first service.

I have not been able to drive the car as much as I would like, but am making the most of the sunny weather as winter is on its way.

Have been on the freeways a few times around Sydney and have been happy with the engines zippiness.

2006 Mitsubishi Colt CZ2 1.5 DiDS from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 1.5 DiDS Manual
Most recent distance1900 miles
Previous carMitsubishi Space Star

Summary:

A much underrated small car; hope to see more on the roads in the near future

Nothing.

General Comments:

What an excellent small car. Looking for a car with economy in mind over any performance, I was drawn to the Colt 1.5 Diesel from the views of previous posters.

The cabin is like a tardis, and as I have owned a Mitsubishi before, I knew the reliability of the make.

I did consider a 207, but the quality and price of the Colt did persuade me.

I just cannot believe the performance, and torque of such a small engine, it feels much quicker than my previous 1.9 DiDS, and handles far better on the minor roads.

Review Date: 18th December, 2007

2006 Mitsubishi Colt 1.1 from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission Manual
Previous carMercedes-Benz C-Class

Summary:

Great fun to drive

No faults at all.

General Comments:

Comfortable

Cabin is a nice place to be - particularly in the dark

Very economical, 40ish mpg local up to 50ish on long rural runs.

Review Date: 6th November, 2006

2006 Mitsubishi Colt CZ1 1.1 from UK and Ireland

Previous carToyota Yaris

Summary:

Reliable and Fun, but not Refined

Nothing at all.

General Comments:

A good car at the price.

Not as refined as the Yaris or Jazz, so don't pay over the odds for one.

The cheapest model is the best. Don't spend 10k on one because there are better cars for that sort of money, however if you spent less than £7k like me its not a bad deal.

Review Date: 2nd October, 2006

2006 Mitsubishi Colt CZ2-DiD 1.5 Direct Injection diesel from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 1.5 Direct Injection diesel Manual
Previous carMitsubishi Shogun Pinin

Summary:

I wanted comfort, value, reliability, performance, economy, looks and I got it...it's called a Colt

The car was immaculately prepared for my collection by the Mitsubishi Main dealer and has been fault free in the 6 weeks that I have owned it.

However, in the unlikely event that anything should, I also like the peace of mind that comes with the 3 year unlimited mileage warranty.

General Comments:

Like all Mitsubishi vehicles, it's well screwed together (my previous vehicle was a Shogun Pinin).

There's a lot of plastic in the cabin, but the overall result is good quality and pleasing on the eye.

The front pillars do slightly obstruct the natural view in the '10-to-2' position, but you soon learn to make allowances.

Very roomy inside and I doubt that you'll find anything else in its class that will beat it, especially when you factor in the flexibility of the sliding rear seats.

The Direct Injection Diesel unit is a delight. It's very 'torquey', pulling strongly in all gears and you're only really aware of it's sound on starting or when pressing the engine hard. It's also very frugal and I'm averaging 50+ mpg, a figure that I expect to improve as the engine loosens up.

It has stunningly good looks and, until the rest of the UK public catches on to what their missing, it also has rarity.

Review Date: 5th May, 2006

5th May 2006, 14:19

Sigh. If this little car was offered in the States, I'd be driving it right now. I recently read about it in Car Magazine's "18 Superminis" article. You Brits are lucky indeed.

1st May 2007, 15:54

I agree... I am a Brit and the Mitsubishi Colt 1.5 Sport is going to be my next car -I adore the excellent design combining practicality with a great handling chassis, gutsy little engine with good fuel economy and very individual modern ergonomic styling.Thankfully, the demand for compact fuel-efficient cars is increasing all the time in the US -so hopefully you won't have to wait too long for this superb little car and others like it!

16th Jul 2007, 15:23

I bought a new Colt CZ2 direct injection diesel in December 2006. This car is automatic or to be more precise it is an automated manual. The six speed box changes it self, but is a conventional clutch without a clutch pedal. This set-up takes some getting used to, but after a while it seems to work OK. The current MPG is about 55 - 60 on a run, which is very good.

It took a while for the cruise control to be fitted (optional extra) but it seems to work well, apart from the fact that the control lever is fitted behind the steering wheel and can't be seen.

The car is very well put together and as the previous reporter says, it is stunning to look at in the bright red colour which I have.

This is the third Mitsubishi I have owned.

2006 Mitsubishi Colt AMT Supreme 1.3 from Greece