2002 Mitsubishi Galant Reviews - Page 2 of 4

2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 3.0 V6 from North America

Engine and transmission 3.0 V6 Automatic

Summary:

A car that has been through a lot, and it's still running brand new

General Comments:

This was my first car, so I really have nothing to match this car up against. Unless you count my Dad's Mazda van that I drove when I got my license.

The Galant runs really smooth on the city streets and highway. I fell in love with the car because of the body style of the car. The body style of the car makes it look a lot different than other cars on the road. With the V6 engine, this car has a lot of pick up, which I loved.

I'm 5'11", and while I'm driving my left leg tends to lean up against the door, that kinda make me wish there was a bit more room. The rear and passenger seats are really comfortable to sit in (really haven't sat there much unless I was drunk to drive). The Galant seats I have are cloth seats. When you spill liquid on it, and it stains, all you really need is soap and water to take it out of these seats (but don't wait for days to do it).

I haven't had to do any major repairs on it yet, and I have beaten this car up a bit over the past couple of years. But when I had to change my spark plugs, it was a real pain. Since 3 of 6 spark plugs was under the air intake plenum. That was the only big thing I've done to the car, in terms of repairs. If you keep up with the schedule maintenance, you are looking for a great running car for years to come.

I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a first time car or reliable car.

Review Date: 27th March, 2009

2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L V6 from North America

Engine and transmission 2.4L V6 Automatic
Previous carNissan Altima

Summary:

You're a fool not to purchase a galant

Had the car for a short time now and so far and I'm IMMENSLEY happy that I went with my choice to get the 2002 GALANT ES.

General Comments:

Heard a lot of GOOD things about this car. Since my love for foreign cars won't ever change I went with my gut to get a GALANT.

Nice chiseled gold body... it turns heads everywhere I go.

Sophisticated and safe yet sporty sedan.

I'm 6ft tall and the interior space is nice for a mid-size car--my best friend is my height and he's almost drowning in the passenger side.

Quiet V6 engine is always ready to go... GAS SAVER!

I thought it was a lie when I was told it glides along the highway... I should've listened!

Handling is nice and comparable to an ACCORD--hits the sharper turns a like a champ.

Trunk is huge and the car even came equipped with solar tints.

The CAMRY wasn't in my budget, but I can care less now! The GALANT was meant for me and I'm proud to own it now.

I barely see anybody driving around in GALANTS--the ones that do are SMART and save CASH!

Review Date: 9th August, 2008

2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES from North America

Previous carMitsubishi Galant

Summary:

I love it!

Well the only thing that went wrong with the car was the tire got a nail in it, and my brake pads went bad, but other than that I love my car!!!

General Comments:

Love it sooo much. It was a graduation present to me from myself!! LOL go seniors of 2008.

Review Date: 3rd June, 2008

2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES from North America

Distance when acquired32000 miles
Previous carMercury Villager

Summary:

Great car!

The only issue I have had with this car are the brakes.

When I purchase the car in 2003 the brakes constantly squealed. The dealer replaced the pads 2 times in 6 months before a mechanic friend told me to try ceramic pads instead of semi-metallic. I paid well over $400 to have new rotors and ceramic pads put on. After that the noise stopped. Unfortunately the ceramic pads tear up the rotors so with each brake job I have had to also replace the rotors. I have been told that squealing brakes are a common problem with this car, but does not affect the safety in anyway. Put ceramic pads on and the noise goes away.

General Comments:

I have owed several Mitsubishi cars and have loved everyone of them. I had a 1990 Mirage that I put 325,000 miles on before it blew a rod. Only ever did normal maintinence on it. I wish they made a van like they used to because I love their cars and I now need a van. the Galant will be staying in the family as we will sell my husbands 1994 Honda Civic and replace it with the Galant.

Review Date: 7th December, 2007