2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4 from North America

Summary:

Worth the money

Nothing has gone wrong with this car other than squeaking of the brakes.

General Comments:

I really lucked up I purchased this car at 25000 miles for 9000. I was totally shocked because the value should have been 14000.

The car has a good strong take off and an enjoyable ride.

Review Date: 17th January, 2004

2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4 from North America

Summary:

A very comfortable and reliable bargain

Simply nothing.

General Comments:

It is very well manufactured and the plastic inside is not the cheap one. In one word it is finished. Plenty of room in front and the back too.

Drives smoothly although my four cylinders does not make it very fast.

It is not noisy at all despite the big engine and the acoustic inside is pretty good although I don't have the best sound system.

A lot of accessories make beautiful not to mention the style of the body that has been appreciated by everybody who saw it.

Trunk is huge I would say the same like for a Camry or Accord and flexible enough to accommodate large objects.

I strongly recommend this car to anybody.

Review Date: 27th October, 2003

2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES from North America

Summary:

Great car for your money. (You won't need much.)

Rubber seal around the outside of doors that keeps water from coming inside had was coming off at arond 2,000 miles.

Passenger side front door had to be repaired because it would open from the inside.

General Comments:

This car handles excellent under pressure.

Transmission shifts very smooth at high acceleration.

Handling is very good. (Gives you that sports car feeling!)

The prices was $21,000.

I got: Bose stereo system, Sunroof, Key-less Entry, ABS, Dual Airbags, Foglights, etc.

Review Date: 19th July, 2003

2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 3.0 V6 from North America

Summary:

Excellent styling, reliability and financing all in one place!

Very new vehicle. No problems to report.

General Comments:

We looked around at the competition 20k-25k market. There are many good quality vehicles available. The Mitsubishi Galant seemed to stick and the 000 promotion was icing on the cake!

We purchased the 2003 3.0L ES V6 with the sun and sound package. Very classy and sporty at the same time. The ergonomics of the car are easy to get used to. I know as I've only been allowed 25 miles in the drivers seat... The Mrs. has blocked me until the 1000 mile mark. After break in, I'll get a chance to really check the performance. Good luck in your search, there are many choices to choose from, but the luxury, performance, style, warranty (7-70k) and financing all made sense to us.

Review Date: 23rd December, 2002

2002 Mitsubishi Galant LS 2.4 from North America

Summary:

It is a luxury car for less money

Since the car is still very new, nothing has gone wrong.

The transmission, although likely OK, sometimes shifts roughly.

Although too new to tell, I have heard from a few other Galant owners that the brake system has some problems; they have had to replace the pads and/or rotors every 5-10,000 miles.

General Comments:

This car handles very well and has a lot of power for a 4-cylinder automobile.

I got the car with the premium leather package and the seats are amazingly comfortable.

The 7-speaker Infinity sound system is one of the best I have heard.

For the $22,000 I paid for the car, it is completely equipped with power everything (locks, windows, 10-way driver's seat, moonroof) With all of the power features the leather seats, steering wheel and shifter, Anti-lock braking system standard, alloy wheels, cruise control, etc., you can't beat the price.

My only complaint is that the interior finishing is a little boring. A lot of comparably priced newer cars have chrome accents inside or burlwood trim. The new Galants are finished with bronze or titanium accents which look cheap; the titanium trim doesn't stand out well against the tan interior of the car.

Review Date: 24th June, 2002

23rd Dec 2004, 07:43

I have a 2002 Mitsubishi Gallant purchase new and I have experienced several problems with the Brakes. In the beginning the brakes would make a lot of noise and the dealer replace pads, and filed down the pads also. After several repairs to the Brakes, I started to have trouble stopping the car and on a few occasions ended up going through a red light because they would not stop. The dealer has taken the car in for repair every time I would call, but we cannot find the reason for the brake failure. Recently the brakes failed and I could not stop the car and had to drive to a curb to stop it. The front tire and rim was damaged and now its in for repair again.

2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L from North America

Summary:

Excellent family sedan with plenty of power

No problems with the car or service.

General Comments:

The dealership was excellent, they were able to do more for us than we expected.

The car is great, it handles very well, and is very responsive. We love the looks and style. It took us about an hour to get "used" to things, but once its "set up" its the best car we have owned. I will put up a new review when we have more miles on it.

Review Date: 8th June, 2002