2000 Mitsubishi Lancer Reviews - Page 2 of 3

2000 Mitsubishi Lancer GLi 1.5L from Australia and New Zealand

Most recent year of ownership2002
Engine and transmission 1.5L Automatic
Previous carFord Fairmont

Summary:

Gutless, overpriced, and poor fuel economy compared to other 1.5L models

Some fool hit the car while it was parked and killed the door, otherwise nothing that is Mitsubishi's fault other than the stupidity of selling such a small engine in such a heavy car.

General Comments:

Gutless... Its okay for going downhills... Would not recommend buying unless it was 1.8L manual minimum. Quite weird to drive after being in an 1989 4.1L Ford Fairmont... Difficult to speed in initially because I wasn't used to hearing so many rev's.

I have recently bought myself a Calibra as the Lancer was my parents car. I think such a weak engine in a front wheel drive is great for provisional/learner drivers. I only managed to spin the car once and that was taking a 90 degree corner at about 70km/h... hahaha.

Don't turn on the air conditioning because you lose too much power.

The 2000 model Lancers will cost around A$13-17K to pick up... Why kid yourself... Get a 92-97 Calibra with a 2.0L DOHC for $7-14k and get a sports car with so much more for so much less...

I have no faith in the Japanese automotive industry... it is a farse... I don't think I will ever buy myself one now that Peugeot (406) and Renault (Laguna) are producing such nice cars...

Review Date: 1st December, 2002

25th Jan 2009, 19:40

I have a 01 Cedia wagon. Never buying a Mitsi again.

I have had to spend nearly 2 g on a fuel pump, and this has still not fixed my car.

A company blames me for not using the higher octane petrol, but apparently this GDI fuel thing is just not a good thing at all.

I wonder if others have this problem, or if I just have a major lemon of a car!!!

17th Oct 2012, 09:55

You say such a heavy car, yet it weighs 950kg, what are you getting at?

2000 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution WRC Rally Spec 2.0 turbo from UK and Ireland

Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission 2.0 turbo Manual
Previous carMitsubishi Lancer Evo

Summary:

I'll never drive anything faster... EVER!

General Comments:

I owned a road going Evo, but last year I had the honour of driving an Evo with exactly the same spec as the WRC Rally Car on a tarmac stage on a Rally School Training event.

With the aid of a high pressure turbo the car had 300bhp and accelerated to 60 from a standing start in 3.1 seconds! And I kid you not, it was scary stuff!!!!

Put your foot down at 50mph in 2nd gear and find yourself riding in the back seat.

How are the Japanese so good to gain all this performance from a car with half the power of some supercars!

Review Date: 5th January, 2001

13th Jan 2001, 15:42

I bet the insurance is steep? What is its group rating? It sounds like a real scream of a car!

26th Feb 2001, 09:20

I wish these Japanese car firms would stop lying about the performance times of these vehicles.

See 0-100-0 special in Autocar '99, and you will see an Extreme version of the Evo VII packing a 'supposed' 350 BHP only managed 0-60 in 5.2 secs, when a standard 280 BHP Evo is said to be 4.4 secs!

The old ones are still the best.

ie. My 300 BHP Escort Cosworth, which slaughters 22B's and Evo 6's regularly on the A1.

COME AND HAVE A GO IF YOU THINK YOU ARE FAST ENOUGH!!!???

2000 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 6 2.0 turbo petrol from Jordan

Most recent year of ownership2000
Engine and transmission 2.0 turbo petrol Manual
Previous carToyota Celica GT

Summary:

An outstanding sports car... wonderful

Absolutely nothing, as a matter of fact this car is so reliable it is quite amazing!!!

General Comments:

A tremendous sports car with a great engine, I mean the engine is so wonderful. I have the 2.0 litre 280 bhp engine, this engine allows this car... er... bullet.. to actually launch to 0-100km (62miles) in only 4.8 seconds!!!

Grip is out of this world... I bet that this car's skidpad is not less than 1G!!! It really sticks to the ground and stays there!!!

All in all... a great car!!!

Review Date: 22nd October, 2000

3rd Dec 2000, 21:03

This car kicks the ass of every sports car in the USA. It's a tricky Japanese army weapon.

9th Dec 2000, 06:22

The Lancer is the best thing that has happened to the sports car world.

I love the Lancer, but it is unfortunate that Canada is not blessed with it.

14th May 2001, 07:31

It isn't available in Canada YET---IT is coming to the US, so I am sure you will get it too. Then I can kick the crap out of my was-favorite-car-til-I-saw-this-one...the WRX.

Shaun.