1992 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.5L from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

I love the heated seats; they're good for my back

My Pajero started missing when approaching 80k, so I got it serviced, and a month and a half later, hello it's back. The service cost $600.

I spoke to my wife who took it in for me to be serviced, she said "oh yeah, that's right, the mechanic said the sparklers need swapping!, changing or was it replacing? Hmm? something like that, I said to the mechanic, don't worry about it".

My reply was something like "ARE YOU FOR @#%$EN REAL?" My wife took my wallet from my pocket, took out my credit card, a peck on the cheek and spent $500 on crap I don't need, $300 on herself, and a 4 Litre pack of oil for me. I got used to sleeping in that spare room.

General Comments:

Can someone please help? My truck ran well when it ran well.

Review Date: 14th September, 2007

1992 Mitsubishi Pajero Exceed 2.5 turbo diesel from North America

Summary:

Great if the motor isn't cracked

Head gasket blew at 100,600.

Crack in the block/motor.

General Comments:

We enjoyed how it drove for the month we owned it, wish we had a place to buy a new motor.

Review Date: 24th January, 2007

10th Mar 2007, 02:30

Thank for the insight, right here in Tanzania Mitsubishi Pajero is not rated as one of the serious 4x4 as the Toyota Land cruisers, Nissan and the Land rovers, however I have just imported mine at 54,000 kms. I pray that it gets me through to 100,000 kms plus or else the Mitsubishi Pajero goodwill is yet to suffer another blow.

I wish I know how it cracks the motor or block... was it an over used? mishandling or it just broke down like that? They look great in the interior, but they are noisy too. The smoke they normally emit irks me!

I guess I better start saving for yet another SUV in case it breaks just too soon. Adios!

7th May 2012, 08:25

Hi, 5 years after you posted this and I am also in Tanzania, considering buying a 3-door 1992 Pajero. Would you do it again?

1992 Mitsubishi Pajero Exceed 2.4 turbo diesel from Guyana

Summary:

Royalty

Nothing really. We had some mechanics overhaul the engine, it is not working at the moment. The parts are expensive, we could have bought another vehicle with the money. Worth the money though.

General Comments:

It is the most comfortable vehicle we have ever had. The power is astonishing, the torque to be exact. It is not a real speed demon.

Review Date: 7th February, 2006

1992 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.5 turbo diesel from Philippines

Summary:

A reliable off-roader

Air conditioning has always been a problem. Not that it breaks down a lot, but it just fails to cool down the cabin especially on hot sunny days.

General Comments:

This vehicle is a true workhorse. Rock-solid in construction and very, very reliable. I haven't had any major problems with my Pajero.

However, it lacks power to cruise the highway.

Review Date: 15th April, 2004

3rd May 2005, 07:21

My 1992 Pajero has the same problem on the airconditioner. I'd appreciate it very much if somebody can give me a good solution to remedy this problem.

25th Nov 2005, 16:04

I had the same problem with my pajero. I found the problem was the fan seen from the outside of the grille which cools down the air-con radiator. The fan motor was full of carbon deposits, cleaned out the motor and it worked perfectly. So air was lovely and cold all the time. hope this helps with peoples problems,It did it for me.

1992 Mitsubishi Pajero GLX 2.6 petrol from Philippines

Summary:

Indestructible

Fuel and air mixture screw on carburetor "flew off", I fortunately found it.

"Silent shaft" noise is present indicating a loose bearing after almost 12 years of use.

General Comments:

Maintenance is very easy, parts have to be sourced out carefully.

Mileage is about 4.5km/ltr city driving and 6.5km/ltr on long drives out of town.

Review Date: 13th April, 2004

2nd Mar 2005, 03:10

Had the same problem with mine where the air fuel screw fell off and engine won't run smooth. Luckily found it again cause finding a replacement screw is not easy. Mechanic put a dab of glue on it so it won't fall next time. Very useful vehicle and gives owner pride of ownership even after many years of usage. A bit underpowered for the weight of vehicle, but very reliable engine compared with the v6 ones where crankcase pulley bolt is a known problem. Would recommend friends to buy this particular model.

1992 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.5TD from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Excellent jeep try to buy with history to avoid costly problems

Engine Overheated due to a water pump failure. 4 months after I got it at 123,000. The cheapest thing to do was buy a replacement engine €1700.

A few of the dash lights have a mind of their own.

I think the jeep was clocked and maybe crashed before I got it.

General Comments:

Generally very spacious, comfortable quite rattle-free cabin. Jeep is very capable off-road or for pulling a trailer. Only issue really is that you have to push the 2.5td hard to get any performance and that hurts the fuel economy.

Review Date: 3rd December, 2002

13th May 2008, 20:16

I'm a bit confused as to what car you have reviewed, Pajero or Jeep??Please be clear about what you write in your review.

How many of the problems was caused due to lack of maintenance??

Thank you.

1992 Mitsubishi Pajero GXL 2.5 turbo diesel from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Great medium sized 4X4

Had engine oil leak from dipstick tube to cyl block union.

Required new rear shock absorbers.

Second seat row got stuck in one position (would not fold).

Rear door jammed shut lock failed.

Headlights are poor, have upgraded them so as night country driving is easier/ safer.

General Comments:

Car is a great medium sized 4X4 for the money paid. Loads of room for a growing family of four kids and two adults. As long as engine is driven to full potential (keep turbo working) acceleration and economy is pretty good for the class of car.

Review Date: 19th April, 2002

3rd Jul 2006, 04:51

I have Pajero 1992. I heard that high sound in the engine, especially in the morning when I started it, but after 15 minutes the sound goes down. Please help?

1992 Mitsubishi Pajero SWB 2.5 turbo diesel from UK and Ireland

Summary:

A safe drive

Very rattly on bad road surfaces.

General Comments:

Very safe, reliable jeep.

Review Date: 4th September, 2000