Gets me where I need to go, and looks good doing it
My mom bought it 6 years ago with 32,000 miles on it. It had been wrecked and sat for years until some guy my mom knew partially restored it before she bought it. The only problem then was the radio didn't work, and she drove it for about 1 years until the crank angle sensor went out. It sat in my drive way for 2 years until I fixed it when I got my driver's license.. only took a $50 cranks angle sensor and it started on old gas.
Well I've been driving it since then, which is about 3 years, and this is what has gone wrong with it.
- Overheating, fixed with radiator cap.
- T-Top drain plug stopped up, and leaks water behind seats. Fixed by parking in garage... too lazy to fix.
- AC don't work and heater used to come on randomly. I just ignore it and take the T-Tops out.
- The injectors leak since I got it, which is a common problem. In the time I've driven it, it hasn't caught on fire yet, but it's getting worse and does misfire pretty bad now. $300 fix with a few days time.
- Pulls to the left due to a bad ball joint.
- Replaced the distributor cap, rotor button, plug wires, and spark plugs. *Still had the original*.
- And of course the oil and filter, which is a pain to get to.
I got the car when I was 16 in 11th grade, and it handled my abuse and kept going, even though I was too broke to fix many of its problems.
It rides hard, handles great, will cruise down the highways at 100 mph like it's nothing, and will get up in the 130 mph range if you have the guts.
My only problems with this car is the AC not working, the head lights suck, the brakes suck due to no anti lock, it's hard to work on if you don't have a car lift, and it smells bad *that's probably my fault*
I'm 18 now and getting my Real Estate license, so I need a 4 door and something with 4 wheel drive, but I hope to restore it, and I'm sure I'll keep my old Z till the day I die.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 9th February, 2010