1987 Nissan Hardbody Pickup 3.0L V6 from North America

Summary:

This thing is one excellent machine!!

Fuel pump went, easy fix.

Starter problems, even easier fix.

Speedometer cable broke about 7-8 months ago, so the mileage stopped going up, so I couldn't really say exactly where it's at, but for surely over 200k.

General Comments:

I beat this thing so hard, that if it was a Ford, it would be in a shambles right now.

Rotted exhaust pipe lets everyone know I'm on my way, and it sounds great.

On or off road, this thing runs like a clock. It was my first vehicle ever, and I will run this thing into the ground; definitely will take a while.

Overall, I have been completely satisfied in the durability and good times I've gotten out of this truck. Great buy, definitely.

Review Date: 31st March, 2010

1987 Nissan Hardbody Pickup SE V6 3.0 Liter from North America

Summary:

Fantastic quality and reliability

The paint started to come off and the metal began to rust, of course. However, the rust was only on the surface and did not rot through. Bed rusted out around the wheel wells. Note this was a high mileage vehicle, from NJ (salt roads in winter).

Auto trans finally giving out at around 200,000 miles. Manuals seems to last forever, had one with 325,000 on it and another (1993 model) with 333,000.

General Comments:

You can't beat these trucks for reliability. This truck, and another I own just like it, ALWAYS started, EVERY time (except when the battery died).

Window, door and sunroof seals held up very well over the years.

3.0 liter engine matched very well to the truck's size. You can haul a lot and pull a lot as well.

If you take care of them, replace the wearable parts when the time comes, and always replace timing belt at required interval, you will get many many miles from these trucks!

Review Date: 9th June, 2009

1987 Nissan Hardbody Pickup Nissan D21 Kingcab SE 2WD 3 litre from North America

Summary:

Reliable, sound, a good investment for $15000 in 1987

I bought this truck brand new, and put very little money into it in the 20 years I've owned it. It's rusty, but it always starts. I changed the oil only once per year, new rubber when needed, belt changes when needed (including timing). I will buy another Nissan truck when this one dies (which may be never!)

Ensure you change the timing belts, because it will break if you don't!

General Comments:

Reliable.

Review Date: 31st July, 2007

1987 Nissan Hardbody Pickup from North America

Summary:

Great "Little Skipper!"

The Carrier Bearing was completely shot.

A major oil leak occurred. The body is very rusty. It has little rust bubbles all over it, and two of them fell off. One on each door. It looks like it got shot.

General Comments:

It is a very Reliable truck. It never has a problem starting even when it sits out overnight and the temperature in the morning is -25 degrees. It starts the same any time. It gets pretty good gas mileage, and is perfect for teenagers to drive because it's not super fast!

Review Date: 28th March, 2006

1987 Nissan Hardbody Pickup SE V6 VG30E from North America

Summary:

The greatest trucks ever built!

Alternator failed at 210,000 miles.

The dash was cracked when I purchased the truck.

The front brakes were typical on wear for my style of driving- replaced every 40,000 to 50,000 miles.

General Comments:

After lowering the truck and installing newer Frontier wheels, this truck will handle like a well set up sports car.

Being fully loaded, creature comforts are very well designed, but the bucket seat could have have been designed better.

Review Date: 17th December, 2005

1987 Nissan Hardbody Pickup 2.4z from North America

Summary:

I love my truck

My dash lights quit working.

I put a new valve cover gasket on.

The plastic vents for the ac are brittle and cracking.

General Comments:

It has the original clutch in it and it will still hold a burnout.

It has been dropped 3 inches front and back, has performance shocks, so it handles extremely well.

I had 2 10's behind the seat, but took them out, because lack of leg room.

For a foreign vehicle, it is very fun to work with (oil change, tune up).

Review Date: 7th September, 2004

27th Nov 2005, 20:50

I would check the dimmer switch on the dash for your dash lights no longer working. I just bypassed it and made them be at max brightness